Effective May 25, 2018
Who we are
Kinetic Inquiry, LLC owns and operates www.feldynotebook.com, aka Feldy Notebook.
Feldy Notebook provides information about the Feldenkrais Method. Feldy Notebook allows its registered users to create and edit the content of Feldy Notebook. All contributions to Feldy Notebook is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 3.0 License.
Changes to this policy
We may update this policy periodically, please check this page to ensure that you agree with any changes.
What data we collect
We collect and store the information you provide to us. This can include information that can be used to identify you (e.g. your name, business name, address details, email, telephone numbers, login, username, and password). You provide this information to us when you:
- Enter information through a form on this site
- Sign-up for our newsletter
- Send us email messages or otherwise contact us
- Register for an account
If you become a registered user, then we also store the personal information you provide in your user profile. You can see, edit, or delete your personal information in the profile at any time (except you cannot change your username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information. In addition, we store all the information you add to Feldy Notebook, e.g. when you create or edit a page.
We may track and collect information about your activity on Feldy Notebook, e.g. as your IP address, the type of device or browser you use, and your actions on the site.
We may track and collect information about the ways people visit and interact with Feldy Notebook, in the form of traffic analytics. You can opt out of being included in Google Analytics here
We may track the way that you interact with our emails (such as when you open an email or click on a link inside an email).
How we use this Information
We use the information you provide to us for the following purposes:
- To keep your account secure and protect our site (including to verify the identities of creators and prevent fraud and abuse);
- To provide you you with the ability to create and modify content on the site;
- To communicate to you about Feldy Notebook and occasionally about other topics we believe would be of interest to our users;
- To create, administer, and customize your account;
We use information relating to your use of Feldy Notebook and your use of email to build higher quality, more useful services by performing statistical analyses of the collective characteristics and behavior of our users, and by measuring demographics and interests regarding specific areas of our Site. We may also use this information to ensure the security of Feldy Notebook.
When you leave comments on the site, we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also your IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
- The public can see any information you add to a publicly visible page, post, or comment.
- Registered users of the site can see the usernames of other members that have edited or created content, e.g. they can see who created or updated a page.
Trusted third-party services
- We may use various service providers, vendors and contractors to assist us in providing our products and services to you. We may share your information with these contractors if it is necessary for them to do their job.
- A few users of Feldy Notebook have the role of “administrator.” They can view your profiles, i.e. your first name, last name, nickname, contact information, email, and any other information that you supplied in your profile.
- We may disclose and/or transfer your information to an acquirer, assignee or other successor entity in connection with a sale, merger, or reorganization of all or substantially all of the equity, business or assets of Kinetic Inquiry, LLC or Feldy Notebook.
Others when required to protect Kinetic Inquiry and comply with the law
- We reserve the right to disclose personal information when we believe that doing so is reasonably necessary to comply with the law or law enforcement, to prevent fraud or abuse, or to protect Kinetic Inquiry’s legal rights, property, or the safety of Kinetic Inquiry, its employees, users, or others.
What rights you have over your data
If you are a registered user, then you can edit, or delete your personal information in the profile at any time (except you cannot change your username). You can request that your account be deleted.
Any content that you have added to Feldy Notebook, e.g. by editing a lesson or adding text to a theme, will be retained indefinitely.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Information supplied in the registration and contact forms are sent to the Administrator of the site via email and possibly to mail services like MailChimp.