Share your knowledge:
Description of the theme:
Side-sitting, leaning on one hand, you hold one hand lifted (drooping like the wing of a dead bird) in front of your face (hand hanging down), and turn around yourself, differentiating eyes, head, shoulder girdle, but also relating the turning to the pelvis, hip joints, and down to the feet.
“Dead bird” lessons on Feldy Notebook:
- Vancouver 1973 – Art Gallery (16 August 1973) – 4. Side-sit, Twisting (Dead bird lesson)
- In sitting – twisting with the eyes AY420
- Basic bending AY41
- SF Evening Class Notes (1976) – Classic rotation sitting
- Differentiation of eyes, head, and back in twisting movements AY54
- ATM Book Lesson 10 – Movement of the Eyes Organizes the Movement of the Body
- Amherst Year 1 – Seated and twist left
- Turning while sitting LT1
- San Francisco (June 18, 1975) Sitting, turning around yourself with you hand like a dead bird
History; Moshe’s discussions of this theme; your personal insights in experiencing, teaching or using ideas from the lessons in FI
Disclaimer: This site is for sharing information about Feldenkrais® Awareness Through Movement® lessons. The information included on this site is for educational purposes only. Nothing on Feldy Notebook should be construed as an attempt to offer medical advice or treatment.
All contributions to this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 3.0 License. Do not add any copyrighted information to this website. Feldy Notebook is sponsored by Kinetic Inquiry.