- Write a couple of sentences.
- Sit R leg bent back, L leg in front, lean on L hand behind. R hand hanging just below eye height. Turn L & R…easier L , so turn L. Emphasis on internal feeling of ease.
- Stay L and turn eyes back R
- Close eyes and test
- Stay L and keep eyes on hand, and turn head R
- Then head not moving and only eyes R.
- Rest, sitting easy and tall.
- Close eyes and check again.
- Turn L and then turn head and eyes back R. What are you doing with R hip joint? Towards and away from floor.
- Eyes closed, from hip joint, turn L, stay there–and open eyes to see where
- Turn and stay L, put R hand on head, tilt L ear to L sh; R ischium goes to floor, as though to sit equally with both ischia, R side gets longer.
- Keep head in middle, and take L shoulder to ear….then L ear to shoulder; L side gets shorter
- Sit and turn L a couple of times…stay…and round your back, like to kiss your L knee, and erect yourself…flexors work, extensors work, what do hip joints and knees do? Low belly just above pubic bone…push it forward.
- Rest. Test.
Focus of Moshe’s Teaching
- Indicate focus or key principles that are made explicit in the teaching
- 25 Lessons from Eshkol-Wachman Movement Notation – Lesson 20
- 25 Lessons from Eshkol-Wachman Movement Notation – Lesson 21
- ATM Book Lesson 10 – Movement of the Eyes Organizes the Movement of the Body
- Awareness Through Movement Basic Series – 9. Swift Eyes Make a Smart Body
- AY041 Basic bending
- AY054 Differentiation of eyes, head, and back in twisting movements
- AY064 Tilting the head while lifting the hip
- AY094 Twisting right and left
- AY113 With the arms sideways; turning the arms
- AY146 Bending the spine while sitting in a chair
- AY221 Opposing movements in the head and shoulders, (2)-on the knees
- AY386 With the palm up, twisting
- AY420 In sitting – twisting with the eyes
- AY462 Separating the left limbs in sitting
- Franz Wurm, Der aufrechte Gang – Series 1 – 1. Koordinierung von Augen, Kopf und Rumpf
- LT01 Turning while sitting
- MM07 The Movement of the Eyes Organizes the Movement of the Body
- SF1 – Week 1 – 18 June – Sitting, turning around yourself with you hand like a dead bird
- SFEC Notes – 3. Classic rotation sitting
- SFEC Public Workshop – Vol. 2 – 5. Easier Turning
- SFEC Public Workshop – Vol. 3 – 11. Advanced turning
- Vancouver 1973 – Art Gallery (16 August 1973) – 4. Side-sit, Twisting (Dead bird lesson)
Share Your Insights (ideas, principles, strategies, experiences, …)
- Add your thoughts about the lesson here.
- Please sign your comments.
- Differing viewpoints are welcome and desired!
Disclaimer: This site is for sharing information about Feldenkrais® Awareness Through Movement® lessons. The information included on this site is for educational purposes only. Nothing on Feldy Notebook should be construed as an attempt to offer medical advice or treatment.
All contributions to this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 3.0 License. Do not add any copyrighted information to this website. Feldy Notebook is sponsored by Kinetic Inquiry.