- Amherst Year 1
- 06/17/80 AM1 Seated and Twist Left, Part 1 [Also known as ‘Dead Bird’]
- Duration of the recording: 53 min.
- DVD 5; VHS 12
- audio only
- Sit R leg bent back, L leg in front, lean on L hand behind. R hand hanging just below eye height. Turn L & R…easier L , so turn L. Emphasis on internal feeling of ease.
- Stay L and turn eyes back R
- Close eyes and test
- Stay L and keep eyes on hand, and turn head R
- Then head not moving and only eyes R.
- Rest, sitting easy and tall.
- Close eyes and check again.
- Turn L and then turn head and eyes back R. What are you doing with R hip joint? Towards and away from floor.
- Eyes closed, from hip joint, turn L, stay there–and open eyes to see where
- Turn and stay L, put R hand on head, tilt L ear to L sh; R ischium goes to floor, as though to sit equally with both ischia, R side gets longer.
- Keep head in middle, and take L shoulder to ear….then L ear to shoulder; L side gets shorter
- Sit and turn L a couple of times…stay…and round your back, like to kiss your L knee, and erect yourself…flexors work, extensors work, what do hip joints and knees do? Low belly just above pubic bone…push it forward.
- Rest. Test.
Focus of Moshe’s Teaching
- Indicate focus or key principles that are made explicit in the teaching
- Theme Deadbird
- Tag Eye-differentiation
- Tag Imagining
- Tag Eyes
- Tag Smile
- Tag Protruding-abdomen
- Tag Turning-in-sitting
- Tag Scoliosis
Share Your Insights (ideas, principles, strategies, experiences, …)
- Add your thoughts about the lesson here.
- Please sign your comments.
- Differing viewpoints are welcome and desired!
Disclaimer: This site is for sharing information about Feldenkrais® Awareness Through Movement® lessons. The information included on this site is for educational purposes only. Nothing on Feldy Notebook should be construed as an attempt to offer medical advice or treatment.
All contributions to this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 3.0 License. Do not add any copyrighted information to this website. Feldy Notebook is sponsored by Kinetic Inquiry.