Breathing Lessons on Feldy Notebook:
- Amherst 1 – Week 2 – 06/19/80 PM1 – Lying on Stomach, Movements of Legs, Eyes and Head
- Amherst 1 – Week 2 – 06/20/80 AM1 – Eye Movements / Eye Movements and Rolling
- Amherst 1 – Week 4 – 06/30/80 Rolling to the right and left (#1)
- Amherst 1 – Week 4 – 06/30/80 Rolling to the right and left (#4)
- Amherst 1 – Week 4 – 07/01/80 Tilting the knees (part 1)
- Amherst 1 – Week 4 – 07/01/80 Tilting the knees (part 2)
- Amherst 1 – Week 8 – 07/29/80 Voice
- Amherst 1 – Week 8 – 07/31/80 AM1 Mobility of hip – hand under kneecap (part 1)
- Amherst 1 – Week 1 – 06/10/80 AM1 – Flexing the upper body, Elbow to the knee
- Amherst 2 – Week 3 – 06/25/81 AM1 Body like a wave / Caterpillar wave
- ATM Basic Series – 3. Adapt Your Breathing to Your Needs
- ATM Book Lesson 4 – Differentiation of Parts and Functions in Breathing
- AY005 Equalizing the nostrils
- AY017 Breathing
- AY021 Contracting the abdomen while exhaling
- AY023 Palate mouth, and teeth
- AY028 Legs crossed and expanding chest and abdomen
- AY029 Minimal lifting
- AY035 Stomach and chest first
- AY126 The mouth and head cavity
- AY172 Stopping the Breath
- AY177 Making the spine flexible and integrating it
- AY179 Breathing (To weld by breathing)
- AY180 Breathing rhythmically #1
- AY185 Lying on the Feet # 3 and breathing rhythmically #2
- AY186 Breathing rhythmically #3 (The left side)
- AY187 Breathing rhythmically #4 (On both sides)
- AY188 Twisting the spine and Breathing rhythmically #5
- AY189 Directed breathing (Intentional breathing) (Breathing rhythmically #6)
- AY191 Pressing to the floor and breathing (Breathing rhythmically #7)
- AY201 Gluing in the Lungs Part 1
- AY202 Gluing in the lungs, #2
- AY203 Gluing in the lungs, #3
- AY204 Gluing in the lungs, #4 (Gluing and bending the back)
- AY217 On the side, the sternum becoming flexible
- AY218 On the side, bending and twisting the chest and spine
- AY230 Self hug the arms rolling the upper and lower girdle, on the back and abdomen
- AY233 With the legs joined lying on the floor
- AY238 Standing backward, part 2
- AY266 Crossing knees and coordinated eye movements
- AY274 Introduction to Walking (1)
- AY275 Introduction to Walking 2, Continuation
- AY280 On hands and shoulders
- AY282 Basis of hopping, continuation 
- AY283 Continuation on one leg
- AY284 Slow improvement
- AY289 Standing on one leg with movements
- AY296 Relaxing the muscles of the throat
- AY299 Distinction of the movement underneath the bellybutton in the breathing during oscillations
- AY317 Touching the floor in standing
- AY336 Pushing the hip backward on both sides
- AY351 Swinging the legs on the side
- AY359 Tanden with bending the knees
- AY407 Heel in the hand
- AY416 Protruding the abdomen
- AY435 Alternately Stomach up/down in the Breathing
- AY447 Opposition on the side
- AY453 Eyes and lines
- AY460 Separation in lying with Saika
- AY462 Separating the left limbs in sitting
- AY470 Continuation with standing leg on leg
- AY480 Bending movements of the head on a chair
- Berkeley 1973 – 3. Extension 6/19 AM
- E03 Tilting Crossed Legs
- Franz Wurm, Der aufrechte Gang – Series 1 – 9. Wippe
- Haller – Breathing into all 6 dimensions
- Haller – Breathing, expanding your internal balloon
- IDF17 – Breathing and movements of the feet
- LT05 Flexors
- LT18 Breathing
- MG77 #09 – Differentiating movements of leg to roll forward and backward
- MG78 #01 – Coordinating flexors and extensors
- MM11 Rocking the Pelvis
- Rotterdam 1976 – Tape 7 – See Saw Breathing
- SF1 – Week 3 – 1 July 1975, AM1 – A theoretical lesson on the physiology of breathing
- SF1 – Week 3 – 1 July 1975, AM2 – Paradoxical breathing
- SF1 – Week 3 – 1 July 1975, PM – A short breathing lesson related to the lecture
- SF2 – Week 06 – 21 July 1976, pm: Lengthening the Arms Overhead with Fingers Interlaced
- SF2 – Week 10 – 16 August 1976: Do You Breathe In or Out?
- SF2 – Week 10 – 17 August 1976: Do You Breathe In or Out? continued
- SF2 – Week 10 – 18 August 1976: Moving the Body Relative to the Head
- SF2 – Week 10 – 19 August 1976: Ways of Holding the Head and Turning It, and Moving the Body Relative to the Head, continued
- SF3 – Day 12/B – 30 June 1977 – Oscillating pelvis with heels and feet
- SF3 – Day 26 – 27 July 1977: Prone, tilting pelvis, relationship of breath and movement to back and ribs. Continues into kneeling on all fours.
- SF3 – Day 29 – 2 August 1977: Prone: lifting hips, shoulders, middle ribs; effects on breathing. Lines of stress from heel to hand.
- SF3 – Day 40 – 22 August: Movements of hands and feet followed with eyes. Diagonal connections.
- SFEC Public Workshop – Vol. 2 – 1. Better Breathing
- Toronto 1980 – DAY3-2 – Head through the gate, see-saw breathing
- Vancouver – Hotel Vancouver – 3. Perfecting the pelvic clock/Breathing Out and Swallowing/Scan, 10AUG73 Pt. 2
- Vancouver – Hotel Vancouver – 4. Flexion (Flexor), 11AUG73
In addition to the lessons listed above, these lessons were included in the Feldyforum post by Peggi Honig on 9/13/2014, and others posts synthesis:
- AY #241. Getting to know your hip joints.
- AY #280. On hands and shoulders.
- ATM Book: Lesson 12.
Ellen Soloway compiled a list here.
Members of FGNA can find more on breathing here.
“Ways to Better Breathing” by Carola Speads.
“The New Science of Breath” by Stephen B. Elliott.
“Conscious Breathing: Breathwork for Health, Stress Release, and Personal Mastery” by Gay Hendricks
Breathing article by Steve Hamlin
Disclaimer: This site is for sharing information about Feldenkrais® Awareness Through Movement® lessons. The information included on this site is for educational purposes only. Nothing on Feldy Notebook should be construed as an attempt to offer medical advice or treatment.
All contributions to this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 3.0 License (except for the material used to provide textual search of the Alexander Yanai lessons which is copyrighted by the IFF). Do not add any copyrighted information to this website. Feldy Notebook is sponsored by Kinetic Inquiry.