Breathing Lessons on Feldy Notebook:
- Alternately Stomach up/down in the Breathing AY435
- ATM Book Lesson 4 – Differentiation of Parts and Functions in Breathing
- Breathing into all 6 dimensions – Haller
- Breathing, expanding your internal balloon – Haller
- Contracting the abdomen while exhaling AY21
- Coordinating flexors and extensors MG78
- Equalizing the nostrils AY5
- Flexors LT5
- Gluing in the Lungs Part 1 AY 201
- Legs crossed and expanding chest and abdomen AY28
- Lying on the Feet No 3 and breathing rhythmically AY 185
- Mia Segal-Gaby Yaron Evening Class Notes – Differentiating movements of leg to roll forward and backward
- Minimal lifting AY29
- Opposition on the side. AY 447
- Palate mouth, and teeth AY23
- Separation in lying with Saika AY460
- Stopping the Breath. AY 172
- Swinging the legs on the side- AY351
- The mouth and head cavity AY126
- Tilting Crossed Legs E3
- Twisting the spine and Breathing rhythmically_5. AY 188
Alexander Yanai lesson (from Feldyforum post by Peggi Honig on 9/13/2014, and others posts synthesis):
- AY #5. Equalizing the nostrils.
- AY #17 Breathing.
- AY #21. Contracting the abdomen while exhaling.
- AY #23 Palate, mouth and teeth/
- AY #28. Legs crossed and expanding chest and abdomen.
- AY #35. Stomach and chest first.
- AY #126 The mouth and head cavity.
- AY #172. Stopping the breath
- AY #179 Breathing (To weld the breathing).
- AY #180 Breathing rhythmically (#1).
- AY #185. Lying on the feet, #3 and breathing rhythmically #2 (Breathing in 4 parts).
- AY #186 Breathing rhythmically (#3 on Left side).
- AY #187 Breathing rhythmically (#4 on both sides).
- AY #188. Twisting the spine and Breathing rhythmically #5.
- AY #189 Directed breathing (intentional breathing/breathing rhythmically #6).
- AY #191. Pressing to the floor and breathing (Breathing rhythmically #7).
- AY #201 Gluing the lungs, pt1.
- AY #202 Gluing the lungs, pt 2.
- AY #203 Gluing the lungs, pt 3
- AY #204 Gluing the lungs, pt 4 (Gluing and bending the back).
- AY #241. Getting to know your hip joints.
- AY #280. On hands and shoulders.
- AY #299 Distinction of the m/m underneath the belly button in the breathing during oscillations.
- AY #351. Swinging the legs on the side. (In the lesson Moshe requests continual observation of the Tanden – which he calls “the foundation of faith in every faith” – and to an absolute ease in movement so that the breath is not disturbed. There is a point in the lesson where he asks to pay attention to the quality of his voice and to discern when he has moved away from the thought of the tanden and when he has not.)
- AY #359 Tanden with bending the knees. (This is not technically a breathing lesson, when we attend to the space in our mouth and head, throat, this effects our ability to breath with greater ease because we notice where we are constricted and can let it soften so that pathway for breathe is freer.)
- AY #435. Alternately stomach up and down in the breathing.
ATM Book: Lesson 12.
“Ways to Better Breathing” by Carola Speads.
“The New Science of Breath” by Stephen B. Elliott.
“Conscious Breathing: Breathwork for Health, Stress Release, and Personal Mastery” by Gay Hendricks
Breathing article by Steve Hamlin
Disclaimer: This site is for sharing information about Feldenkrais® Awareness Through Movement® lessons. The information included on this site is for educational purposes only. Nothing on Feldy Notebook should be construed as an attempt to offer medical advice or treatment.
All contributions to this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 3.0 License. Do not add any copyrighted information to this website. Feldy Notebook is sponsored by Kinetic Inquiry.