- Alexander Yanai Volume 4
- Reel 13, Track 3, Lesson 1
- Combining the theme of breathing rhythmically (equalizing the breath in four parts–AY 180) with lying on the feet under the pelvis (AY 183–184).
- Highly condensed outline of key movements
Focus of Moshe’s Teaching
- Indicate focus or key principles that are made explicit in the teaching
- AY183. Lying on the feet, #1. (Page 1237)
- AY184. Lying on the feet, #2 (Continuation on the stomach). (Page 1243)
- AY425. Lying on the heels (4). (Page 2893)
- AY426. Lying on the heels (5). (Page 2901)
- The heels under pelvis series of the 190s has you standing the pelvis on the heel which is standing over the balls of the feet—you start with the heels closer than the toes (in these of the 180s the foot from the beginning lies flat under the pelvis, with heels farther than toes).
- Also see Theme Breathing
- See Also Theme Yoga
- Tag Toes
- Tag Hip/Pelvis Freedom
- Tag Inner-edge-of-foot-to-buttock
Breathing in 4 parts:
- AY180 Breathing rhythmically #1
- AY186 Breathing rhythmically #3 (The left side)
- AY187 Breathing rhythmically #4 (On both sides)
- AY188 Twisting the spine and Breathing rhythmically #5
- AY191 Pressing to the floor and breathing (Breathing rhythmically #7)
- AY201 Gluing in the Lungs Part 1
- the four-part breathing is nicely elaborated in AY 186, which may be a useful preparatory lesson.
- Audio recording at http://kinesophics.ca/lying-on-the-feet-turned-in-while-breathing-rhythmically/
Share Your Insights (ideas, principles, strategies, experiences, …)
- Add your thoughts about the lesson here.
- I found my pelvis had a new way of orienting relative to the spine. It was more in contact with the floor; the low back felt longer. low back discomfort was not evident after the lesson, even in the SI joint. – rblack Jan 3, 2018 Rob Black
- Please sign your comments.
- Differing viewpoints are welcome and desired!
Disclaimer: This site is for sharing information about Feldenkrais® Awareness Through Movement® lessons. The information included on this site is for educational purposes only. Nothing on Feldy Notebook should be construed as an attempt to offer medical advice or treatment.
All contributions to this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 3.0 License. Do not add any copyrighted information to this website. Feldy Notebook is sponsored by Kinetic Inquiry.