- Alexander Yanai Vol 4
- Reel 13, Track 2, Lesson 4
- Continuing with the theme of taking the foot to the buttocks, but this time face down. Considerable time is spent developing the capacity to take hold of the foot behind by taking the head from side to side with one ear turned to the floor, to touch each arm (in various combinations of lifting and sliding the head, and of speed). Then reaching towards the foot to take hold, with the caveat that you must be able to see the foot and see the palm of the hand reaching towards the foot. Once you can take hold of the foot and bring it to the buttocks (heel in one direction and toes in the other, turned in), you hold it there and rock side to side.
- Highly condensed outline of key movements
Focus of Moshe’s Teaching
- Indicate focus or key principles that are made explicit in the teaching
- AY183. Lying on the feet, #1. (Page 1237)
- AY185. Lying on the feet, #3 and breathing rhythmically #2 (Breathing in 4 parts). (Page 1251)
- AY425. Lying on the heels (4). (Page 2893)
- AY426. Lying on the heels (5). (Page 2901)
- See Also Theme Yoga
- Tag Hip/Pelvis Freedom
- Tag Softening-chest
- Theme Extensor Lesson
- Tag Seeing-the-Heels
- Tag Inner-edge-of-foot-to-buttock
- This is Charlie Murdach teaching the “reminder” movement for this ATM:
Share Your Insights (ideas, principles, strategies, experiences, …)
- Add your thoughts about the lesson here.
- Please sign your comments.
- Differing viewpoints are welcome and desired!
Disclaimer: This site is for sharing information about Feldenkrais® Awareness Through Movement® lessons. The information included on this site is for educational purposes only. Nothing on Feldy Notebook should be construed as an attempt to offer medical advice or treatment.
All contributions to this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 3.0 License. Do not add any copyrighted information to this website. Feldy Notebook is sponsored by Kinetic Inquiry.