ATM Lessons that prepare one for a headstand
- #9 Preparation for a shoulder stand (on the back)
- #11 – Preparation for a shoulder stand
- AY71. Preparation for a headstand, #1. (Page 461)
- AY72. Preparation for a headstand, #2. (Page 467)
- #79 – Preparation for a shoulder stand back and pelvic movement
- #163 – Preparation for a headstand part 1
- #164 – Preparation for a headstand, #2. (Page 1101)
- 6/22/81 p.m. #2 Head on floor, walk to elbows/Carp
- 6/23/81 p.m. #1 Head on floor, knees on elbows/Carp
- 6/24/81 a.m. #2 Carp/Knees on elbows/roll forward, somersault
- 6/24/81 p.m. #1 Carp/Knees & Head/roll over one shoulder (Judo roll)
- 6/25/81 a.m. #1 Caterpillar/wave-seesaw rocking in extension
- 6/25/81 p.m. #1 Bell hand rolling side to back and return, explore eye socket
- 6/29/81 a.m. #1 Carp/head through arm bridge
- 6/29/81 a.m. #2 Headstand, knees on elbows
- 6/30/81 a.m. #1 Press floor, prone & supine, rock in extension
- 7/1/81 a.m. #1 Press floor, prone & supine, slither forward
- 7/1/81 a.m. #2 Carp-headstand into forward somersault
- Franz Wurm, Der aufrechte Gang (in Deutsch / German language)
Series 2 -Bewusstheit durch Bewegung – 11. Kopfstand
- Vancouver (1973) Preparation for headstand – Carp movements (Elbows on Knees/Roll forward over the neck before the headstand to reduce anxiety/Carp/Roll forward from headstand/Walking on head)
- “Twenty-Five Lessons by Dr. Moshe Feldenkrais” by Michal Shoshani and Margalit Sonnenfeld under the supervision of Noa Eshkol – Lesson 22, 23, 24 and 25
- London Transcript (1974) – LT25 Standing on head preview
- AY071 Preparation for a headstand, 1
- AY072 Preparation for a headstand, 2
- AY163 Preparation for a headstand
- AY314 Preparation for a candle
- LT25 Standing on head preview
- Vancouver – UBC – 15 Aug 73 – Preparation for headstand/Carp Movements
Different Approaches to teaching the headstand
Elizabeth Beringer – Strasbourg Training
- Prone, pressing hands, Rocking, Extension
- Tripods and Carps
- Head Through Gap/Walking on Shoulders
- Rolling Side to Back-Elbows & Knees (2)
- Caterpillar Waves #2 & Headstand
- Camel-Reaching Back to Heels-Carp-Tripods-Headstand
Elizabeth Beringer & Dennis Leri – Boston 1 FPTP
- Arm Bridge~Cheek on floor
- Flexion sitting supine, rolling back
- Rolling Back
- Rolling back~extension prone, rocking
- Head on floor, Walk, knees away~Carp
- Head on floor~Diagonal Flexion
- Arm Bridge~ripple~top of head
- Prone, extension (flying)
- Kneel, Reach Arm Back
- Carp~headstand w/elbows on knees~Carp/falling
Video: Chava Shelhav working with Children
Track: 7 year old boy in school for learning-disabled kids
Ch asks what he wants to do. He wants to do a headstand. [ AY 71 & 72]
The headstand is important insofar as learning balance, attention, overcoming fear, learning in new situations. It’s often associated with improved focus and handwriting]
As here, C’s face to face eye contact with child is very important to direct explanations to brain. Teaching example that there’s no “praise” as child moves through lesson.
In supine, bend knees into chest and then dropping his feet, lowering heels.
In supine, bending knees to chest and then lifting up the butt into bridging position as drop feet.
On all “5”s, rolling head on floor. Find the right location for hands, elbows to optimize balance.
On all 5s, using toes, foot pads to find balance with butt up in the air. (Like downward dog with head on floor).
Walk feet in to head and back.
Bring knees on to elbows. (Tripod)
For this child, the flexors are too tight for this. So lying in prone, lifting arms and legs in extension is next.
Okay. Now back to all 5s. Bring knees exactly on to elbows. Then lift legs to do a true headstand.
He walks around, says he feels grounded like plants are grounded. (And where did his “learning disability go!)
Disclaimer: This site is for sharing information about Feldenkrais® Awareness Through Movement® lessons. The information included on this site is for educational purposes only. Nothing on Feldy Notebook should be construed as an attempt to offer medical advice or treatment.
All contributions to this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 3.0 License. Do not add any copyrighted information to this website. Feldy Notebook is sponsored by Kinetic Inquiry.