- Amherst Year 2 (1981)
- Duration of the recording: 69 min.
- Write a couple of sentences.
- Highly condensed outline of key movements
Focus of the teaching
- In addition to the movements, what theme or ideas did the teacher focus on
- Continuation of
- 06/22/81 PM2 Preparation for Headstand – Carp jump
- 06/23/81 AM Preparation for Headstand / Crossed Feet, Knee / Hand Lift
- 06/23/81 PM1 Preparation for Headstand / Crossed Ankles
- 06/23/81 PM2 Preparation for Headstand / Crossed Ankles (cont.)
- 06/24/81 AM Preparation for Headstand and Carp jump (cont.)
- Theme Headstand
- Tag Demonstration
- Tag Carp-jump
- Tag Stop-movement
- Tag Self-preservation
- Tag Lecture
- Tag Imagining
- Tag Head-stand
- Amherst 1 – Week 1 – 06/09/80 AM2 – Movement of the eyes left and right
- New York Quest – DAY4 – Increasing ease in the head, neck and shoulders. a) Sitting; rolling the head (AM2) b) Bell hand, rotating arms on back (PM1A) c) Sitting, rolling the head continued (PM1B)
- New York Quest – DAY5 – PM3 – Lecture: Learning is doing things in a different way. Even in simple things we have lost contact with ourselves
- New York Quest – DAY6 – AM2 – Hands-On Functional Integration Session with a woman with cerebral palsy. Feldenkrais talks very little during the lesson but does describe it at the end
- Amherst 2 – Week 4 – 06/29/81 AM1 Carp Jump Review, Finding Your Hip Joint, Shoulder Roll Review
- Amherst 2 – Week 4 – 07/01/81 AM2 Preparation for Headstand / Falling out of Headstand
- Amherst 1 – Week 1 – 06/12/80 PM2 – Use of eyes and inclusive attention
- Amherst 1 – Week 2 – 06/19/80 AM1 – Lying on stomach (part 1) / Tonic Neck / Turning Head on Stomach, Part 1
- Amherst 1 – Week 2 – 06/20/80 AM1 – Eye Movements / Eye Movements and Rolling
- Amherst 1 – Week 3 – 06/25/80 PM2 – Rolling head and getting up (part 2)
- Amherst 1 – Week 7 – 07/24/80 AM3 Onto back – moving head through gap quickly (part 1)
- Amherst 2 – Week 6 – 07/16/81 PM1 Walking on your stomach (includes telescope eyes)
- SF2 – Week 10 – 19 August 1976: Rocking on the Top of the Head
- Amherst 1 – Week 1 – 06/10/80 PM2 – Flexors and rolling/Flexing the Upper Body, Elbow to the Knee (Continued)
- Amherst 1 – Week 4 – 07/01/80 Tilting the knees (part 2)
- Amherst 2 -Week 2 – 06/15/81 PM2 Standing on all Fours / Preparation for Judo Roll (continued)
- MM05 The Ribs and Rolling
- MM06.1 Arm Circles
- New York Quest – DAY2 – PM1 – Rolling from sitting to lying and back again
- Add links to external resources that would be of interest to the reader
Share Your Insights (ideas, principles, strategies, experiences, …)
- Add your thoughts about the lesson here.
- Please sign your comments
- Differing viewpoints are welcome and desired!
Disclaimer: The information included on this site is for educational purposes only. Nothing on Feldy Notebook should be construed as an attempt to offer medical advice or treatment.
All contributions to this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 3.0 License (except for the material used to provide textual search of the Alexander Yanai lessons which is copyrighted by the IFF). Do not add any copyrighted information to this website. Feldy Notebook is sponsored by Kinetic Inquiry.