- Alexander Yanai Volume 7, Part A
- Reel 21, Track 4, Lesson 2
- Duration: 41 minutes
- “Candle” refers to a yoga pose commonly called the shoulder stand. That is, the person rests on the head and shoulders with the pelvis and legs vertical, the pelvis supported by the hands.
- In a variety of counter-intuitive positions and movements, the student learns to lengthen the back muscles to allow the legs to become lighter overhead.
- The lengthening and rounding of the back also assist with the ability to roll to sit to stand (see series 310 thru 316, and more)
- Highly condensed outline of key movements
Focus of the teaching
- In addition to the movements, what theme or ideas did the teacher focus on
- #79 – Preparation for a shoulder stand back and pelvic movement
- AY362. Candle. (Page 2483)
- AY227. Swinging bent legs to strengthen K ferm or Lengthening the erecting muscles (The extensors). (Page 1553)
- Tag Softening-chest
- Theme: Yoga Poses
- Tag Lengthening the back
- Tag Lifting-feet-with-hands-sitting
- Tag Twisting
- Tag Swinging-legs-supine
- Tag Lifting-feet-with-hands-supine
- Tag Lifting-head-and-one-foot-supine
- AY009 Preparation for a shoulder stand (on the back)
- AY011 Preparation for shoulder stand
- AY227 Swinging bent legs to strengthen K ferm or Lengthening the erecting muscles (The extensors)
- AY362 Candle!
The pelvis is lying on fists:
- Add links to external resources that would be of interest to the reader
Share Your Insights (ideas, principles, strategies, experiences, …)
- Add your thoughts about the lesson here.
- Please sign your comments
- Differing viewpoints are welcome and desired!
Disclaimer: The information included on this site is for educational purposes only. Nothing on Feldy Notebook should be construed as an attempt to offer medical advice or treatment.
All contributions to this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 3.0 License. Do not add any copyrighted information to this website. Feldy Notebook is sponsored by Kinetic Inquiry.