- Alexander Yanai Vol 9
- Reel 29, Track 2, Lesson 1
- Lying on side, knees bent back and thighs in continuation of spine, top arm lying behind so hand touches the floor. Take shoulder/back backwards, forwards. Mostly working with small, fast movements. Face turned towards ceiling: lift head with that same hand. Variations of speed. Periods lying face up, with legs together, bending and extending the ankles and toes, while coordinating breathing (normal, not exaggerated, breathing in while bending ankles and toes towards lower leg), and then coordinating lifting the head (while breathing in). On side again, now top hand standing in front: take shoulder forward and lift top foot from lower foot–together and differentiated (knees stay together). Place top leg behind lower leg
- Lying on R side, knees bent back and thighs in continuation of spine, top arm lying behind so hand touches the floor. Take head, shoulder/back backwards and return. Small and fast. Then the same, but forwards. Then turn face towards ceiling, L hand behind head and lift head in simple, fast movement.
- Other side, going directly to the small, fast movements.
- Face up, with legs together, bending and extending the ankles and toes, while coordinating breathing (normal, not exaggerated, breathing in while bending ankles and toes towards lower leg); do it with each foot independently. Then coordinating lifting the head (while breathing in). Small and fast.
- Face up, feet standing and legs together, standing on heels. Lift pelvis (slightly) to push spine up towards head. Fast, light.
- On L side again, now top hand standing in front: take shoulder forward and, as the pelvis begins to join in, lift L foot from R foot–together and differentiated (shoulder, pelvis, and foot). (Knees stay together.)
- Place R leg behind L leg on the floor. Turn body, with face to ceiling lift head with L hand. Use R hand to find and encourage the most stuck ribs.
- Other side.
- Repeat the face up section.
- Face up, feet standing: hug self and roll from side to side, head with and against. Change arms. Smaller and faster.
Focus of Moshe’s Teaching
- Ease, simplicity of movement.
Lifting the head, twisted:
- AY207 On the side, fast lifting of the head
- AY427 On the side – lifting the heels
- AY465 Classical twist on the side with an advanced opening
- AY467 End of the twist
- MG77 #03 – On side turning with straight arm in arc
- SF2 – Week 08 – 2 August 1976, pm: Lying Twisted, Lifting the Head and Working the Extensors
- SF2 – Week 09 – 11 August 1976: Movements from Prior Lesson and Beyond
Flexing toes, flexing feet, supine:
- AY448 Diagonal bending
- AY449 Bending in standing
- AY458 Bending Knees – Lying
- Toronto 1980 – DAY5-1 – Sitting between the heels
- At Kinesophics: Lynette Reid’s version: http://kinesophics.ca/opposition-on-the-side/
Share Your Insights (ideas, principles, strategies, experiences, …)
- Add your thoughts about the lesson here.
- Please sign your comments
- Differing viewpoints are welcome and desired!
Disclaimer: This site is for sharing information about Feldenkrais® Awareness Through Movement® lessons. The information included on this site is for educational purposes only. Nothing on Feldy Notebook should be construed as an attempt to offer medical advice or treatment.
All contributions to this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 3.0 License. Do not add any copyrighted information to this website. Feldy Notebook is sponsored by Kinetic Inquiry.