- Alexander Yanai Vol 6 #266
- Reel 18, Track 4, Lesson 4
This “coordinating flexors and extensors” lesson develops very slowly, and focusses on the eyes going along with the movement of the knees in a slow and uniform fashion. You also work with pulling the arm across the chest, and with your hands underneath your chest.
- Cross R leg over L; tilt R and turn head R. Both eyes follow; close L eye. Rest, then return and close R eye. Open both eyes.
- Rest knees to the R, and reach across chest with R hand to take hold of L hand/wrist/elbow: pull your L arm to the R, and let head/eyes follow with shoulder.
- Return to first movement/variations, but now take head/eyes L instead of R as you tilt knees R. Then add pulling of the L arm to the R, while continuing to turn head/eyes L.
- Stand and walk.
- Do the same on the other side, and then stand and walk.
- Face up, lift pelvis and place hands under chest: lower pelvis. With the arms in this position, cross R leg over L and tilt R, turning head R at the same time. Rest, and then do the same thing but turn head L.
- Other side.
- Cross R over L, hug yourself, and take your body to the R as you tilt knees to the R–and head to the L. Other side.
Focus of Moshe’s Teaching
- Soft uniform movements of the eyes translate into softening of the neck and chest.
- Detailed description of how the position of arms under chest influences organization: chest can’t turn, so the twist must be done in the lumbar and cervical regions; floating ribs on R can’t go down to floor because of hand, and so flexibility of the spine at this height is increased–movement of lower and upper vertebrae differentiated.
- See Coordinating Flexor and Extensor Theme
- See Theme Vision
- Tag Self-hug
- Tag Softening-chest
- Tag Twisting
- AY272 Turning of the back with fists closed (continuation)
- AY330 Standing on the knees, continuation
- AY331 Standing on the knees, continuation; on the front leg
- AY332 With the hand leaning on the knee
- AY336 Pushing the hip backward on both sides
- AY453 Eyes and lines
- AY466 Continuation until the eyes
- AY478 Chin movements on a chair
- AY493 Pushing the legs to the floor
Hands behind the back, supine:
- AY220 Hands behind
- AY233.5 Turns with arms/hands behind (on the back) (not in IFF edition)
- AY264 Hands behind the legs
- AY268 Hip Joints by way of lengthening
- AY323 Shoulders behind the back
- Click “link” above to add a link; “file” to upload a resource or picture, or “widget” to embed a video.
Share Your Insights (ideas, principles, strategies, experiences, …)
- Add your thoughts about the lesson here.
- Please sign your comments.
- Differing viewpoints are welcome and desired!
Disclaimer: The information included on this site is for educational purposes only. Nothing on Feldy Notebook should be construed as an attempt to offer medical advice or treatment.
All contributions to this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 3.0 License. Do not add any copyrighted information to this website. Feldy Notebook is sponsored by Kinetic Inquiry.