- Alexander Yanai Vol 6
- Reel 19, Track 2, Lesson 5
- Continuing from AY274 which focused on balancing weight left and right and breathing, AY275 introduces movement in neck region and its impact on balancing, and later on movement forwards and backwards (of the trunk independently of the head and pelvis).
- Stand. Shift the weight from heel to heel. Coordinate with the breathing. Allow the head to be immobile
- Cross the legs and shift the weight to one foot, whilst bending the head to that shoulder
- Continue, act slowly and act fast, see how fast is easier for maintaining balance
- Continue, interlace the fingers on the chest, shift the weight again, with the head moving, without the head moving, with the fingers interlaced in the non-habitual way
- Stand feet parallel, shift weight between the feet and keep the head immobile. Move quickly. Move slowly.
- Cross the legs in the other way and repeat the above configurations of actions
- Stand and lower the head (forwards). Attend to the weight being in the heels. Variations: Act slowly; Act fast; Allow the knees to bend; knees straight, allow pelvis to shift forwards
- Stand, shift the weight and attend to the breathing
- Stand, bring the chin towards the throat (constraint) and from there, bring the head backwards and the pelvis backwards (“make a large lordosis”)
- Repeat, fast
- Repeat but with the pelvis and head also moving forwards as well as backwards
- Repeat with the fingers interlaced on the chest; repeat with the arms towards the sky; with the arms that are towards the sky immobile whilst the head and body are mobile
Focus of the teaching
- In addition to the movements, what theme or ideas did the teacher focus on
- Introduction to Walking (1) AY274
- AY276 Partial turnings to the fronts 3. (Page 1885)
- Theme Standing
- Theme Walking
- Tag In-standing
- Tag Balance
- Tag Posture
- Tag Shifting-weight-standing
- Tag Breath-related-movement
- Tag Weight-on-heels
- Add links to external resources that would be of interest to the reader
Share Your Insights (ideas, principles, strategies, experiences, …)
- The constraint of the chin head the chest whilst moving the head backwards is intellectually challenging, but once understood, permits enhanced trunk mobility.
- Doing AY274 and AY275 on consecutive days allowed me to eliminate 7 days of foot pain whilst walking completely by the start of the 3rd day. (Ben Parsons)
Disclaimer: The information included on this site is for educational purposes only. Nothing on Feldy Notebook should be construed as an attempt to offer medical advice or treatment.
All contributions to this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 3.0 License. Do not add any copyrighted information to this website. Feldy Notebook is sponsored by Kinetic Inquiry.