- Alexander Yanai Volume 5
- Reel 15, Track 4, Lesson 4
- Standing on the knees, one hand to the floor, the other to the ceiling, the lesson takes us through a series of increasingly complex investigations that require increasing flexibility of the chest, thoracic spine, as well as the shoulder girdle and neck. In addition to the twisting, there was the invitation to increase demand for support on the hand and knee with the idea of lifting the (back) leg.
- Highly condensed outline of key movements
Focus of Moshe’s Teaching
- Indicate focus or key principles that are made explicit in the teaching
- AY 216 (lifting hands at head in a “V”)
- AY 217 (On the side, Sternum becomes flexible)
- AY 220
- AY 343
- AY 434
- Also the ATM of being on all 4’s and turning to see the imaginary tail
- See Also Theme Yoga
- Theme Deadbird
On one knee and one hand:
- This is Charlie Murdach teaching the “reminder” movement for this ATM:
Share Your Insights (ideas, principles, strategies, experiences, …)
- This could be an excellent lesson for students with lots of Yoga, for example:
- rblack Feb 7, 2018 Rob Black
Disclaimer: This site is for sharing information about Feldenkrais® Awareness Through Movement® lessons. The information included on this site is for educational purposes only. Nothing on Feldy Notebook should be construed as an attempt to offer medical advice or treatment.
All contributions to this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 3.0 License. Do not add any copyrighted information to this website. Feldy Notebook is sponsored by Kinetic Inquiry.