- Alexander Yanai Vol 10
- Reel 32, Track 4, Lesson 4
- Duration of the recording: 39 min.
In lying on the side, and in standing on hands and knees, you hold the ankle or the lower leg (with the hand of the same side) and take the knee in a big circle, as the head makes the same circle. In standing on your hands and knees, this is very demanding: you keep balance, use strength, and maintain flexibility at the same time.
- Highly condensed (<350 words) outline of key movements
Focus of Moshe’s Teaching
- Indicate focus or key principles that are made explicit in the teaching
Lifting the leg with the hand, sidelying:
Leg pulls arm, sidelying:
- Amherst 1 – Week 8 – 07/30/80 AM3 Hand below kneecap (part 1)
- Amherst 1 – Week 8 – 07/31/80 AM3 Sitting up with hands under kneecap (part 1)
- SF2 – Week 10 – 17 August 1976: Do You Breathe In or Out? continued
- AY419 Arm to the ceiling and movements of the thigh and head
- AY464 Bending and erecting with holding the lower leg
Lifting the leg with the homolateral hand, on hands and knees:
On one knee and one hand:
- Amherst 2 – Week 4 – 06/29/81 AM1 Carp Jump Review, Finding Your Hip Joint, Shoulder Roll Review
- AY221 Opposing movements in the head and shoulders, (2)-on the knees
- AY329 Standing on the knees
- AY330 Standing on the knees, continuation
Circling the leg and head, sidelying:
On one knee and homolateral forearm:
Circling straight leg, on hands and knees:
- Click “link” above to add a link; “file” to upload a resource or picture, or “widget” to embed a video.
Share Your Insights (ideas, principles, strategies, experiences, …)
- Add your thoughts about the lesson here.
- Please sign your comments.
- Differing viewpoints are welcome and desired!
Disclaimer: This site is for sharing information about Feldenkrais® Awareness Through Movement® lessons. The information included on this site is for educational purposes only. Nothing on Feldy Notebook should be construed as an attempt to offer medical advice or treatment.
All contributions to this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 3.0 License. Do not add any copyrighted information to this website.Feldy Notebook is sponsored by Kinetic Inquiry.