- Alexander Yanai Vol 1
- Reel 2, Track 3, Lesson 4
- Duration 37 min.
- 4 points standing, twerking, extension-flexion in standing, coming eventually to sitting
- Highly condensed outline of key movements
Focus of Moshe’s Teaching
- Indicate focus or key principles that are made explicit in the teaching
- See Theme Standing
- A free hip joint and a soft back can serve you to the grave.
- It is common and simple among people of the East. On Allenby Street in Tel Aviv there are old people who sit on the floor begging for money. You can see them sit or stand up. It is a miracle to watch. Old people, eighty, ninety years old do it while you wonder how because it looks so beautiful.
- Do not make any efforts in your chest that express preparation for an effort rather than the actual work.
- Audio recording by Sharon Starika at: http://sharonstarika.com/workshops/online-workshops/weekly-classes/mid-back-thoracic-spine/
Share Your Insights (ideas, principles, strategies, experiences, …)
- I couldn’t do it in one go, had to make several attempts to go through the whole lesson. one group of muscles in between the ribs of maybe T9-T10 (on the back) went into spasm, I could feel the spasm only when resting on the back. – travelsheep Jan 9, 2014
Disclaimer: This site is for sharing information about Feldenkrais® Awareness Through Movement® lessons. The information included on this site is for educational purposes only. Nothing on Feldy Notebook should be construed as an attempt to offer medical advice or treatment.
All contributions to this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 3.0 License. Do not add any copyrighted information to this website. Feldy Notebook is sponsored by Kinetic Inquiry.