- AY Volume 9
- Reel 28, Track 1, Lesson 1
- Duration of the recording: 35 minutes
- Preparation for Supine to sitting, either through rolling to side, or directly in front, with particular attention to the weight & orientation of head, use of the legs for counter-balance, and attending to changes in the center that allow the action to begin.
- Supine, lift the head slightly to the right and to the left
- Progress to looking at the foot, then lifting the head and the leg (straight)
- Repeat with the legs together, the legs apart, and allowing the straight leg to soften in the knee
- Repeat the head and leg lift to one side, till able to come up onto one elbow
- Repeat and see if it is possible to come up in the middle
Focus of the teaching
- In addition to the movements, what theme or ideas did the teacher focus on
- Add links.
- Add links to external resources that would be of interest to the reader
Share Your Insights (ideas, principles, strategies, experiences, …)
- Add your thoughts about the lesson here.
- This is an interesting lesson to do in standing; or, after the lesson, to repeat some parts while standing
- ~~~~ Rob Black
- This lesson is perhaps related (closely or remotely) to the martial arts ‘five winds kata’: ‘from lying to sitting keeping the legs long in the median plane’ (ref. to Kinesophics.ca). 5 winds kata may also be in San Francisco Year 2. ~~~Ben Parsons
- Differing viewpoints are welcome and desired!
Disclaimer: The information included on this site is for educational purposes only. Nothing on Feldy Notebook should be construed as an attempt to offer medical advice or treatment.
All contributions to this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 3.0 License. Do not add any copyrighted information to this website. Feldy Notebook is sponsored by Kinetic Inquiry.