- Alexander Yanai Vol 6
- Reel 19, Track 2, Lesson 1
- Differentiating shoulder blade from spine, chest, head in standing.
- Standing, with arms held out to the side, you lengthen each arm in turn, and hang the head to the side you lengthen and away (as though the ear is to lie on the arm).
- Then turn the whole head/shoulders/arms to one side (head together and differentiated), and from that starting point, lengthen each arm…
- Also in this configuration, also combined with turning the head with and against the lengthening.
- also in this configuration: lift arms above head and lower them to the sides, at the same time bend head up and down
Focus of Moshe’s Teaching
- Indicate focus or key principles that are made explicit in the teaching
- AY272 Turning of the back with fists closed, continuation. AY273 Bendings with closed fists 3.
- See also Theme Shoulders
- Tag Base-of-neck
- Tag Softening-chest
- Tag In-standing
Turning around a vertical axis:
- AY236 Rotation on an axis
- AY242 Turning on a side axis
- AY300 In standing, turning the heels outside
- AY484 In standing, turning with the eyes
- SF1 – Week 5 – 15 July 1975: Lying on Back to Standing
- SF1 – Week 5 – 16 July 1975: Lying on Back to Standing, continued
- Click “link” above to add a link; “file” to upload a resource or picture, or “widget” to embed a video.
Share Your Insights (ideas, principles, strategies, experiences, …)
- Add your thoughts about the lesson here.
- Please sign your comments.
- Differing viewpoints are welcome and desired!
Disclaimer: This site is for sharing information about Feldenkrais® Awareness Through Movement® lessons. The information included on this site is for educational purposes only. Nothing on Feldy Notebook should be construed as an attempt to offer medical advice or treatment.
All contributions to this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 3.0 License. Do not add any copyrighted information to this website. Feldy Notebook is sponsored by Kinetic Inquiry.