- Amherst Year 1 06/09/1980
Lying on your back, gain ease in lifting your head. This is the continuation of Lifting the head to activate flexors
The key movements in this ATM are:
Lying on your back
- Lift your head. First lift withoutthe use of your hands, then using your left hand, then with your right hand.
- Place both hands behind the head and lift your head. Then lift your legs. Does it lift the head more or less?
- Put your hands on either side of your body. Bend your knees and lift your legs.
- Lift your head with your hands and direct the elbows
- “We have a nervous system that learns with the speed of lightning…once [you] give your sensory motor the understanding and feeling and paying attention how you do it and the amount of lifting is increased ten fold.”
Also see Theme Flexion Lesson:
- 25 Lessons from Eshkol-Wachman Movement Notation – 2. Lesson
- 25 Lessons from Eshkol-Wachman Movement Notation – 3. Lesson
- 25 Lessons from Eshkol-Wachman Movement Notation – 4. Lesson
- Amherst 1 – Week 1 – 06/09/80 AM2 – Lifting the head to activate flexors
- Amherst 1 – Week 1 – 06/10/80 AM2 – Flexing the upper body, Elbow to the knee (continued)
- Amherst 2 – Week 1 – 10 June 1981, pm1 – On back flexing torso
- ATMEC03 Children May Flex More
- AY027 – Elbows and knees touching
- AY055 Folding forward
- AY056 Bending the abdomen with leg swings (Catching flies)
- AY059 – Lifting the head with the hands
- AY102 Oscillations with lifting the head towards sitting
- AY114 Four diagonals in folding
- AY155 Twists and advanced twists
- AY171 Lifting the head with the soles touching and lengthening the spine
- AY320 Frog – continuation – (Toad)
- AY448 Diagonal bending
- Jack Heggie – Running with the Whole Body – Chapter 2: The Muscles of the Back
- LT05 Flexors
- LT20 Rocking to sides
- SF1 – Week 1 – 17 June 1975 – Flexors
- SF1 – Week 1 – 17 June 1975 – On back, lifting the head with the help of the hands
- SFEC Notes – 09. Tilting legs on stomach
- SFEC Public Workshop – Vol. 1 – 1. Lower Back Ease
- SFEC Public Workshop – Vol. 1 – 2. Rolling
- SFEC Public Workshop – Vol. 3 – 03. A longer spine
- Vancouver – Edmonds Center – 2. Flexion with foot differentiation, rolling back
- Vancouver – Art Gallery – 3. Interlace fingers behind, lift and lower head
- Vancouver – Hotel Vancouver – 4. Flexion (Flexor), 11AUG73
- Add your thoughts about the lesson here.
- Please sign your comments.
- Differing viewpoints are welcome and desired!
Disclaimer: The information included on this site is for educational purposes only. Nothing on Feldy Notebook should be construed as an attempt to offer medical advice or treatment.
All contributions to this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 3.0 License. Do not add any copyrighted information to this website. Feldy Notebook is sponsored by Kinetic Inquiry.