- Alexander Yanai Vol 1 #8
- Reel 1, Track 4, Lesson 1, Side ?
- Duration 37 min.
- For German see AYnmal täglich: Den Kopf zwischen den Händen rollen
Rolling the head between the hands – one hand on forehead and the other behind the head. The lesson is done: lying on stomach, lying on back, sitting with legs crossed, standing on knees, standing
- Lie on stomach. Spread the legs
- R hand on floor palm down. Forehead resting on hand. L hand on back of head. Lift L elbow, and roll head with L hand.
- Change hands and repeat
- Forehead on floor. Both hands on back of head. Roll head with both elbows in the air
- Lie on back. Spread the legs
- L hand behind head – Right palm on forehead. Roll head. L hand and elbow remain on floor
- Change hands and lift head away from floor. Roll head
- Change hands. Roll head. Lift head in the air and continue rolling.
- Change hands – R hand on forehead – L hand behind head. Roll head on floor.
- Lift head in air and roll with both hands. Right hand behind helps with rolling
- Lie on stomach
- R hand on forehead. L hand behind head. Lift head and roll with both hands
- Sitting with crossed legs
- R hand on forehead, L hand behind head. Roll head.
- R hand on forehead, Left hand behind head. Hands don’t touch head. Only the hands move. Not the head.
- Gradually bring hands into contact with head so that head rolls as well
- Change crossing of legs and hands and roll head
- Roll head with R hand on forehead. L hand does nothing
- Change – L hand on forehead R hand does nothing
- Change – R hand on back of head rolls head. L hand does nothing
- Change – L hand on back of head rolls head – R hand does nothing
- Standing on knees with knees spread
- Roll head R hand on forehead L hand behind
- Change hands
- Standing upright with legs apart]
- Bend forward with bent knees so that head moves toward floor. Roll head with both hands
- Change hands and do the same
- Lying on back
- L hand on forehead – roll the head
- Repeat with the R hand
- Lying on stomach. Forehead on the floor
- R hand behind head. Roll the head
- Change hands and repeat
- L Hand under forehead, R hand on back of head – Lift and roll head
- Change over hands and repeat
Focus of Moshe’s Teaching
- Keep the movements light and comfortable
- The elbows get wider and closer to each other – moving to the sides and returning, rather than forward and back
- The elbows move independently from the rest of the body
- The palm is straight so that the head rolls like a wheel on the hand
- As the head rolls, the hand changes its point of contact from fingertips to base of palm
- A free version of Larry Goldfarb teaching this lesson can be found on Mind in Motion. You need an account to access the lesson. Once you have an account, go to your “Library” and search “Free ATMs” and then “Alexander Yanai”
- Ruth Knill
Share Your Insights (ideas, principles, strategies, experiences, …)
- Add your thoughts about the lesson here.
- Please sign your comments.
- Differing viewpoints are welcome and desired!
- Freedom of the movements of the head is essential to our health, safety, and function. – Feldenkrais NYC
Disclaimer: This site is for sharing information about Feldenkrais® Awareness Through Movement® lessons. The information included on this site is for educational purposes only. Nothing on Feldy Notebook should be construed as an attempt to offer medical advice or treatment. All contributions to this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 3.0 License. Do not add any copyrighted information to this website. Feldy Notebook is sponsored by Kinetic Inquiry.