- Alexander Yanai Vol 1 Lesson #32
- Reel 3, Track 2, Lesson 3, Side ?
- Duration 39 min.
- This is a frog’s leg lesson, and it is presented as a continuation of a minimal lifting (fundamental properties of movement) lesson (AY 31). AY 31 is reviewed, and then the Frog’s leg lesson starts. It is very similar to AY 117 (in that achieving the sense of the low back remaining quiet is aided by folding the forehead and each knee towards one another), with the exception that it starts with legs long (instead of bent) and builds up slowly to standing the knee over the foot. There is much talk of clarifying the movement and students not understanding.
- This short video is a visual reminder of AY 32. Someone else might interpret the movement you see with the words in a different manner. The words written sometimes are verbatim, sometimes close to verbatim and sometimes my interpretation of the words that are written by Moshé Feldenkrais. — Ute Müller
- Highly condensed outline of key movements
Focus of Moshe’s Teaching
- Indicate focus or key principles that are made explicit in the teaching
Frog movement with the leg:
Share Your Insights (ideas, principles, strategies, experiences, …)
- Add your thoughts about the lesson here.
- Please sign your comments.
- Differing viewpoints are welcome and desired!
Disclaimer: The information included on this site is for educational purposes only. Nothing on Feldy Notebook should be construed as an attempt to offer medical advice or treatment.
All contributions to this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 3.0 License. Do not add any copyrighted information to this website. Feldy Notebook is sponsored by Kinetic Inquiry.