- Mia Segal-Gaby Yaron Evening Class Notes
- 6 July 1977, taught by Mia Segal
- Brief five cardinal lines scan.
- Lift head–not too many times, just enough to feel that it’s heavy, and see what moves against the floor.
- Bend knees, stand feet. R hand behind head. Lift head, looking at L knee. Place L hand under L knee. Lift knee and elbow towards one another. Exhale.
- Other side.
- The R hand behind head, L hand under R knee: lift knee and elbow to one another.
- Other side.
- Hands interlaced behind head. Lift elbows and knees towards one another, and clarify how the lower back moving backwards helps.
- L hand behind head, R hand under R knee (in fold). Lift elbow/knee towards one another. R side of ribcage presses.
- Change knees (R hand in fold of L knee).
- R hand behind head, L hand under R knee.
- Change knees (L hand in fold of L knee).
- Knees bent, both hands interlaced behind head: lift knees and elbows towards one another again.
- Leave feet standing and just lift head. Think it through first: letting air out, pressing back into floor.
- With legs long, lift head once and see if it’s easier.
- In sitting, both feet on the floor, feel how this part of the back moves backwards as you lower your head.
- Lie again for five cardinal lines scan again.
Focus of Mia’s Teaching
Share Your Insights (ideas, principles, strategies, experiences, …)
- Add your thoughts about the lesson here.
- Please sign your comments.
- Differing viewpoints are welcome and desired!
Disclaimer: This site is for sharing information about Feldenkrais® Awareness Through Movement® lessons. The information included on this site is for educational purposes only. Nothing on Feldy Notebook should be construed as an attempt to offer medical advice or treatment.
All contributions to this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 3.0 License. Do not add any copyrighted information to this website. Feldy Notebook is sponsored by Kinetic Inquiry.