- Alexander Yanai Vol 1
- Reel 2, Track 1, Lesson 2 (according to Eva Laser https://www.somatik.se)
- Reel 2, Track 1, Side ?, Lesson 2
- Duration 37 min.
- For German see AYnmal täglich: Mit geraden Beinen sitzen
In this lesson, you sit with legs long and lean on hands behind, and lift each (and both) legs to draw circles with the long, straight leg, rounding the back backwards to make the lifting of the leg light.
- Sit with long legs, and lean on hands (far) behind you. Lift R leg many times. Other side. (Throughout, reminders to keep elbows straight.)
- Same position, lift right leg and draw clockwise circles. Other direction. Rest. Other side.
- Same position, lift both legs and make circles simultaneously clockwise and counter-clockwise.
- Sit with legs long and spread, hang head and interlace fingers behind head, hanging elbows. As you lower your head, lift R leg. Other side.
- Sit again, and change interlacing of fingers. Round back, lower head, and lift both legs.
- Sit with R leg standing, L leg long. Lean on L hand. Lower head, and turn to face L; hang R hand on L ear, from behind. Fold towards L knee, and lift L leg at the same time. Rest, and then do the same without lifting the L leg. Then again lift the L leg.
- Other side.
- Sit with R foot standing, L leg long. Lean on R hand. Bend head forward and turn face R. Tilt L ear towards R knee. Rest, and then same thing but take L elbow to other side of R knee.
- Other side.
- Both legs long, both hands interlaced behind head. Lower head and lift both legs.
- Both legs long and hands behind on floor; lift both legs and make circles, both clockwise, then in opposite directions.
Focus of Moshe’s Teaching
Effortless and light, controlled movement that comes from rounding and sitting backwards. Low back/lumbar spine to feel different on the floor at the end.
Share Your Insights (ideas, principles, strategies, experiences, …)
- Add your thoughts about the lesson here.
- Please sign your comments.
- Differing viewpoints are welcome and desired!
Disclaimer: This site is for sharing information about Feldenkrais® Awareness Through Movement® lessons. The information included on this site is for educational purposes only. Nothing on Feldy Notebook should be construed as an attempt to offer medical advice or treatment. All contributions to this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 3.0 License. Do not add any copyrighted information to this website. Feldy Notebook is sponsored by Kinetic Inquiry.