- Alexander Yanai Volume 4. Lesson 159
- Reel 11, Track 4, Lesson 2
- From sitting (on the floor), one leg long, the other bent (heel close to sitbones), coming to standing, and reversing.
- Athletic Notice: This requires fairly highly organized pelvis/back/legs and some basic strength. I’m thinking that popular dancers such as Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers would find this fairly easy. I mention this because I find the energetic dancing a kind of inspiration for this kind of lesson (see, for example Fred with Rita Hayworth)
- In process: Highly condensed outline of key movements:
Focus of Moshe’s Teaching
- In process: focus or key principles that are made explicit in the teaching
- See also (in no particular sequence): 157, 154, 153, 151
- See Theme Standing
- Theme Advanced Balance
- Tag Standing-on-one-leg
- Tag Coming-to-stand
- Tag Sitting-to-standing
- Tag Standing-to-sitting
Holding the contralateral foot, sitting:
- See youtube or other sources for the jiujitsu exercise ‘standing up in base’ which is exactly this ATM. https://monkeysee.com/beginning-brazilian-jiu-jitsu-standing-up-in-base/ (B.Parsons)
Share Your Insights (ideas, principles, strategies, experiences, …)
- Add your thoughts about the lesson here.
- Please sign your comments
- Differing viewpoints are welcome and desired!
– rblack Nov 25, 2017 Rob Black, 25 Nov, 2017
Disclaimer: This site is for sharing information about Feldenkrais® Awareness Through Movement® lessons. The information included on this site is for educational purposes only. Nothing on Feldy Notebook should be construed as an attempt to offer medical advice or treatment.
All contributions to this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 3.0 License. Do not add any copyrighted information to this website. Feldy Notebook is sponsored by Kinetic Inquiry.