- Alexander Yanai Vol 5
- Reel 17, Track 2, Lesson 3
Lying face up, with one arm extended overhead and one arm down alongside, you experiment with variations of tilting the crossed knees to the side, rolling the whole body to the side with the head resting on the upper arm (then lifting the head sideways), and taking your long leg (extended to the ceiling) to the side and in the direction of the head, all focused around extending the hands away from one another (at the end, with turning the head), and the movement of the shoulder blade that this requires.
- Face up, legs long: extend R arm on floor over head, and L arm down alongside (backs of hands on floor). Distance hands from one another, without moving the head. Continue with the R leg standing, and pushing with R to push the spine up, again without moving head.
- Other side (starting already with L leg standing and contributing).
- Extend L arm over head on floor; bend both knees, stand feet, and cross R leg over L. Sink legs to R. Change legs and sink L. Continue so that R shoulder lifts, and body turns so head comes on to L upper arm, while the L arm turns palm down.
- Other side. How pressure on floor pushes shoulder blade to new place.
- Return to first side, and stay in end position (of 3). Take R arm around top of head to hold temple and lift from floor.
- Repeat second movement of 3 as reference, and check in lying face up.
- R arm long overhead, R leg crossed over L; sink legs R to roll head onto R upper arm. Stay and lift head with L arm.
- Both legs standing, L arm long overhead. Lift R leg in air, R foot to ceiling, and take R leg to the L, keeping L knee standing over foot, so R hip lifts. Then, cross R leg over left and sink knees to L. Stay L and lift R leg/foot in direction of L hand.
- Both legs standing, L arm long overhead. Cross R leg over L, sink R, and straighten R leg, taking it in direction of head.
- Both legs standing, R arm long overhead. R leg crossed over L. Sink to the R. Stay, and take R leg in direction of R hand. Then, stand R leg and take L leg (lengthened to ceiling) to the R, and then move in arc towards head.
- Repeat 1. Add turning head to look towards R hand, lifting L hip. Then, turn to look to L hand. Then, alternate.
- Other side.
- R hand up, L down, but palm down. Press R hand into floor; R thumb turns towards neighbour. L foot standing, continue. Turn head once R once L.
- Other side.
- Both feet standing, both arms extended, backs of hands on floor, overhead. Lift pelvis and feel how arms lie now. Keep this, and slowly lower pelvis to floor.
Focus of Moshe’s Teaching
- Recording at: http://kinesophics.ca/twisting_pelvis_long_arm
Share Your Insights (ideas, principles, strategies, experiences, …)
- Add your thoughts about the lesson here.
- Please sign your comments
- Differing viewpoints are welcome and desired!
Disclaimer: This site is for sharing information about Feldenkrais® Awareness Through Movement® lessons. The information included on this site is for educational purposes only. Nothing on Feldy Notebook should be construed as an attempt to offer medical advice or treatment.
All contributions to this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 3.0 License. Do not add any copyrighted information to this website. Feldy Notebook is sponsored by Kinetic Inquiry.