- Flexion with emphasis on right side and breathing.
Lie on your back. Interlace fingers and bring them behind the head. Stand your feet.
1. Direct the R elbow and R knee toward each other and away
2. Direct the R elbow and L knee toward each other and away
3. Lift the head and knee. Keep them up.
a. Move R elbow and L knee toward and away using very tiny, tiny, tiny, tiny oscillatory movements.
b. Keep doing that, but make it fast
4. Repeat step 3 with R elbow and R knee.
5. Repeat step 3 staying with the R elbow, but once with the R knee and once with the L knee
6. Stop. Rest. Lie on your back, hands down.
7. Put your hands on your tummy between the pubis and navel.
a. Notice your breathing.
b. Breath in by heaving your chest. Lift your chest and the clavicles toward the head and take a breath in. Keep on doing that.
c. Squeeze the chest down to the floor and push the lower abdomen forward. Keep on doing that.
d. Make the movements fast and small. Breathe normally. Don’t change the breathing. Let the breathing continue with the same rhythm and these movements will only add a little air or subtract a little air from the normal breathing.
e. Bend your knees and keep doing the movement.
8. Roll to your side and get up onto your feet. Walk around. Notice the difference between L & R.
- Indicate focus or key principles that are made explicit in the teaching
Also see Theme Flexion Lesson
- 25 Lessons from Eshkol-Wachman Movement Notation – 2. Lesson
- 25 Lessons from Eshkol-Wachman Movement Notation – 3. Lesson
- 25 Lessons from Eshkol-Wachman Movement Notation – 4. Lesson
- Amherst Year 1 – 06/09/80 AM2 – Lifting the head to activate flexors
- Amherst Year 1 – 06/09/80 PM1 – Lifting the head to activate flexors (continued)
- Amherst Year 1 – 06/10/80 AM2 – Flexing the upper body, Elbow to the knee (continued)
- AY027 – Elbows and knees touching
- AY059 – Lifting the head with the hands
- AY320 Frog – continuation – (Toad)
- AY448 – Diagonal bending
- LT05 Flexors
- LT20 Rocking to sides
- SF Public Workshop (1976) – Lower Back Ease
- SF Public Workshop (1976) – Rolling
- SF1 – Week 1 – 17 June 1975 – Flexors
- SF1 – Week 1 – 17 June 1975 – On back, lifting the head with the help of the hands
- Vancouver 1973 – Art Gallery (16 August 1973) – Interlace fingers behind, lift and lower head
- Vancouver 1973 – Edmonds Center (6-16 August 1973 – Morning course for Seniors) – Flexion with foot differentiation, rolling back
- Vancouver 1973 – Hotel Vancouver (10-12 August 1973) – 4. Flexion (Flexor), 11AUG73
- Add your thoughts about the lesson here.
- Please sign your comments.
- Differing viewpoints are welcome and desired!
Disclaimer: This site is for sharing information about Feldenkrais® Awareness Through Movement® lessons. The information included on this site is for educational purposes only. Nothing on Feldy Notebook should be construed as an attempt to offer medical advice or treatment.
All contributions to this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 3.0 License. Do not add any copyrighted information to this website. Feldy Notebook is sponsored by Kinetic Inquiry.