- Alexander Yanai Vol. 3 #136
- Reel 10, Track 2, Lesson 2
- Mapping C7, ilium (pelvis), top of sacrum, L5, neck, inside edge of shoulder blade
- Feel C7 with index finger.Feel ilium, front to back, with both hands.Feel top of sacrum, 1st lumbar vertebra (L5).Index finger on C7, other index finger on L5: lower head a little and raise.
Change hands and repeat.With R index finger feel C7, down vertebra by vertebra (3 or 4) to between shoulder blades or wherever comfortable.
Change hands and do the same. How different?
Lower head with index fingers in place, 1 on C7, 1 just below.
Sense how moves
With both hands feel cervical vertebrae up from C7 to base of skull. To top vertebra (between ears, approx at height of roof of mouth)
With 1 index finger at top vertebra/ atlas vertebra/ c1 (inside skull), open “gulley” . Ie, keep index finger in place as you open jaw, lift head a little
R hand feels inside edge of L shoulder blade, or wherever can reach comfortably
L hand feels inside edge of R shoulder blade
Focus of Moshe’s Teaching
- Sensing role of spine in keeping upright, flexing and extending, lifting head/ eating
Share Your Insights (ideas, principles, strategies, experiences, …)
- Excellent lesson for people with meditation or yoga practice, helping them get clearer sense of how their spines can support them dynamically during practice – angela.sparklehouse Sep 16, 2012
Disclaimer: This site is for sharing information about Feldenkrais® Awareness Through Movement® lessons. The information included on this site is for educational purposes only. Nothing on Feldy Notebook should be construed as an attempt to offer medical advice or treatment.
All contributions to this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 3.0 License. Do not add any copyrighted information to this website. Feldy Notebook is sponsored by Kinetic Inquiry.