- Alexander Yanai Vol 5 AY #232
- Reel 16, Track 4, Lesson 3
A lesson in side-lying, with the bottom straight and top bent on floor in front; face turned to ceiling. Lift head and long leg. Work in the imagination and with minimal movement.
- Lie on R side; bend L leg in front, R arm long in front; lift L hand to ceiling and turn head: face towards ceiling.
- In thinking, extend R leg. Think of lifting head slightly at same time. Do in tiny movement: lift head, then extend R leg, then do both. Then lift leg with lifting head.
- L hand behind head: same lifting of head and leg. (Take L elbow further L. L knee may unintentionally come away from the floor.)
- Same position, but take L hand a little further back (not to floor, just further than before): turn head further L. Stay there and do see-saw breathing, fast and slow. Then repeat the previous movement.
- Lie on R side again, legs in same configuration: position arms like you’re hugging a tree, and lift head and shoulders. Very difficult to lift the R shoulder. Add lifting of R leg.
- Same thing, but lift the head with the R hand. Stay lifted, and use L hand on forehead to roll head between hands.
- Next instruction unclear to me: I think the head is slid L and the tree-hugging arms are now on a different plane: R arm at 45 degrees to body. Seesaw breathing.
- Return to previous movement.
- Stand, walk.
- Second side: more done in thinking, to reach the final movement quickly.
Focus of Moshe’s Teaching
Very fine movement; breathing.
- Add links.
Share Your Insights (ideas, principles, strategies, experiences, …)
- Add your thoughts about the lesson here.
- Please sign your comments.
- Differing viewpoints are welcome and desired!
Disclaimer: The information included on this site is for educational purposes only. Nothing on Feldy Notebook should be construed as an attempt to offer medical advice or treatment.
All contributions to this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 3.0 License. Do not add any copyrighted information to this website. Feldy Notebook is sponsored by Kinetic Inquiry.