This simplified version of a lesson face up, stroking along the legs with the hands.
- Lie face up, knees bent, feet standing. Lift R leg and hold R foot with L hand, fingers together around outside of instep. Move foot backwards & forwards. Keep leg up & place arms alongside body. Stroke with R hand from R hip (outside) to knee and then beyond.
- Then while lifting head with L hand.
- Stroke inside R leg with L hand. Lift head with R hand.
- Slide L hand along outside R leg.
- Slide both hands down R leg. Lift head.
- Walk around.
- Lift R leg and hold R foot with L hand: lift. Easier? Change hands/feet.
- Other side, in your imagination:
- Imagine L hand stroking down outside L leg, without lifting head, do actually with lifting of head.
- Imagine R hand stroking down inside L leg.
- Both hands down L leg, in imagination. Then “really,” and see how it compares with imagination.
- Then organize torso so you can have the R hand touching outside L leg (old version of notes says L hand). Do it twice for real.
- Then both legs in air, each hand holding a foot, backs of hands facing one another. Straighten/lift legs.
- (Long) scan.
Focus of Mia’s Teaching
- What is lying on the floor
- Where do toes point
Holding contralateral foot with hand, supine:
- AY074 Rocking the back with the help of one leg
- AY360 Stretching the stretch on the back
- AY491 Arms and legs behind
- AY492 Sole to ear
- Add links.
Share Your Insights (ideas, principles, strategies, experiences, …)
Disclaimer: This site is for sharing information about Feldenkrais® Awareness Through Movement® lessons. The information included on this site is for educational purposes only. Nothing on Feldy Notebook should be construed as an attempt to offer medical advice or treatment.
All contributions to this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 3.0 License. Do not add any copyrighted information to this website. Feldy Notebook is sponsored by Kinetic Inquiry.