- Write a couple of sentences.
4 Points #1
- On back scan proportions, lengths, relationships, pressure,
- Stand, hands on floor, head hangs
- Note relation hands/feet
- Lift R hand – from shldr/elbow?, weight shift
- Lift L hand – Stand/walk
- Both hands same time – walk
- Lift L foot – note weight shift
- Lift R foot
- Both feet same time – note hand position
- Walk, ROB
- 4 pts – shift weight
- Alt R/L hands lifting
- Alt R/L foot lifting
- 4 pts
- Lift R hand/L foot – walk note diag hand/foot
- Rpt other diagonal – walk
- Alt lifting diagonals – ROB
- 4 pts
- Lift R hand/foot – head hangs
- Same time? Hand bfr/foot bfr
- Walk – Rpt OS – Walk
- Lift both hands/feet
- Hopping, everything leaves floor
- Rpt, hop to side, other side, for/back – walk
- Stand, bring hands to floor w/idea to hop, note placement
- ROB – note proportions, lengths, relationships, pressure, contact
4 Points #2
- Stand, hands on floor, review last lesson, variations remembered
- ROB – note lengths of arms, legs, spine
- 4 points
- R hand/foot – step for/back
- Rpt OS
- Alt R/L sides for/back w/hand/foot.
- 4 points
- R hand/L foot forward/back
- L hand/R foot forward/back
- Note timing, weight shift, hand/foot, contact/release
- Walk – note hands/feet, shldr/hip, arms/legs, elbows/knees
- 4 points
- Note gap/space between L hand/foot
- Direct R knee into space btwn L hand/foot
- R foot contacts back of L heel as R knee goes thru gap
- Lower R pelvis to floor, sit facing to L wall, rvrs to 4 pts
- 2 hands & L foot on floor, R foot lifts, R knee thru gap
- Go btwn sitting & 4 pts – track pelvis in space – up/dwn arc
- Head/pelvis up/down in opposition
- Bend R knee, foot lifts, direct knee thru gap, lower to sit
- Make all in 1 movement – down/up – head/pelvis up/down
- Rpt w/o one of hands. ROB Imagine OS, rpt few moves
- 4 points – Alt side/side, knee thru gap to sit. Walk
- Rpt w/little hop, make clear distinctions in orientation. ROB
- Start/end in standing, go thru 4 pts to sit, rvrs,
- w/o sense of sitting but immediate rtrn to standing
- Rpt OS, ROB
- Rpt, alt side/side, stand in mid ea time, dwn/up one side
- Slow, clear, note up/down of pelvis/head.
- Stand, note head, walk
4 Points #3
- Stand on hands/feet, lift hands/feet different combos.
- Take R knee through gap of L hand/foot, lowering pelvis to floor.
- Send straight R leg through gap, reverse. Rpt OS.
- Take R knee through, roll onto back, return to sit and 4 pts.
- Let feet/legs, arms all go overhead, swing up to sit/stand.
- Rpt w/straight R leg
4 point #4
- Stand on hands/feet, variations of lifting hand/feet.
- Take knee through to one side, other, add hop in middle, alt.
- Cont. stay low, head in middle, quick.
- Rtrn to sitting to side, remove hands, roll onto back, swing back up, feet/legs in same configuration.
- Next variation, sit and straighten leg nearest hands, roll back onto back, return to sitting, legs in same configuration, one straight, one foot standing.
- Pause in position, put weight onto hands, lift pelvis, slide straight leg up to standing on 4 pts, rvrse, go back down to sit, roll onto back, rtrn to 4 pts.
- Rpt OS, Alt side/side.
- Rtrn to simple bent knee through gap, rolling onto back, hop, switch sides. Stay low, flip legs side/side.
- Rtrn to simple lifting of feet/hands in diff combos. Walk around on all 4’s
Focus of Moshe’s Teaching
- Indicate focus or key principles that are made explicit in the teaching
- 25 Lessons from Eshkol-Wachman Movement Notation – Lesson 11
- 25 Lessons from Eshkol-Wachman Movement Notation – Lesson 12
- 8 ATM, Théâtre des Bouffes du Nord, Paris, May 1973 – 3. Movements on four points
- Amherst 1 – Week 2 – 4 points personal
- AY016 Four points
- AY321 Four points
- AY432 Four points – introduction
- E04 Four Cardinal Points of Support on Hands & Feet, Sitting to the Right and Left
- Franz Wurm, Der aufrechte Gang – Series 2 – 08. Wippe im Knien
- LT02 Balance on all fours
- MM04 Crawling and Walking
- Rotterdam 1976 – Tape 6 – Four Points
- Rotterdam 1976 – Tape 6 – Four Points continues
Share Your Insights (ideas, principles, strategies, experiences, …)
- Add your thoughts about the lesson here.
- Please sign your comments.
- Differing viewpoints are welcome and desired!
Disclaimer: This site is for sharing information about Feldenkrais® Awareness Through Movement® lessons. The information included on this site is for educational purposes only. Nothing on Feldy Notebook should be construed as an attempt to offer medical advice or treatment.
All contributions to this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 3.0 License. Do not add any copyrighted information to this website. Feldy Notebook is sponsored by Kinetic Inquiry.