- Alexander Yanai Vol 7, Lesson #321
- Reel 22, Track 2, Lesson 1
- Duration of the recording: 38 minutes
This “four cardinal points” lesson includes passing the foot through the hole, and rolling to sit through a different trajectory.
- On hands and feet. Lift R hand, then L hand. Alternate. Lift R foot then L foot. Alternate.
- Lift L hand and foot. Lift R hand and foot.
- Lift R hand and L foot. Opposite. Alternate.
- Lift both feet. Both hands. Alternate.
- Lift R foot a little, and bend knee: pass knee to the other side of the L foot and hand, and sit, looking L. And stand again.
- Other side. Alternate.
- Alternate in an easy, hopping movement.
- Pass the R foot, leg extended, between L hand and L foot, to sit.
- Other side.
- Arranges everyone with face towards him, and repeats 11.
- Repeats again, with R foot.
- From lying on back: both feet lifted in air; swing to stand the left foot on the floor, bring the hands to the floor, and stand on hands and feet.
- Other side.
- Back to R leg, and notice that lifting one hand slightly earlier makes it faster.
- Repeat 8.
- From standing, go down to lying and come up, with swinging legs bent instead of straight.
- Alternate legs long and legs bent.
- Repeat lifting R hand & foot, L hand & foot; and diagonals.
Focus of Moshe’s Teaching
- Indicate focus or key principles that are made explicit in the teaching
Four cardinal points:
- 25 Lessons from Eshkol-Wachman Movement Notation – Lesson 11
- 25 Lessons from Eshkol-Wachman Movement Notation – Lesson 12
- 8 ATM, Théâtre des Bouffes du Nord, Paris, May 1973 – 3. Movements on four points
- Amherst 1 – Week 2/3 – 4 points personal
- Amherst 1 – Week 6 – 07/18/80 AM2 Crossing knees – crawling (part 1)
- AY016 Four points
- AY432 Four points – introduction
- E04 Four Cardinal Points of Support on Hands & Feet, Sitting to the Right and Left
- Franz Wurm, Der aufrechte Gang – Series 2 – 08. Wippe im Knien
- LT02 Balance on all fours
- MM04 Crawling and Walking
- Razumny – Four Cardinal Points
- Rotterdam 1976 – Tape 6 – Four Points
- Rotterdam 1976 – Tape 6 – Four Points continues
- Click “link” above to add a link; “file” to upload a resource or picture, or “widget” to embed a video.
Share Your Insights (ideas, principles, strategies, experiences, …)
- Add your thoughts about the lesson here.
- Please sign your comments.
- Differing viewpoints are welcome and desired!
Disclaimer: This site is for sharing information about Feldenkrais® Awareness Through Movement® lessons. The information included on this site is for educational purposes only. Nothing on Feldy Notebook should be construed as an attempt to offer medical advice or treatment.
All contributions to this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 3.0 License. Do not add any copyrighted information to this website. Feldy Notebook is sponsored by Kinetic Inquiry.