- Write a couple of sentences.
- On hands and feet. Lift R hand. Lift L foot. Lift L hand. Lift R foot. Lift L foot and hand. Other side. Lift R foot and L hand. Opposite.
- Rest and go through the same variations again.
- On hands and feet. Turn pelvis to sit, i.e. lift R foot and pass R knee between L hand and L foot to sit. Then from sitting, get up–vary your hands and feet position until it’s easy.
- Other side.
- Rest by walking.
- Alternate. Then come up only just enough to switch, the feet not touching the floor. Then lifting one hand as you go down–which one becomes free?
- On hands and feet, lift L hand and R foot: oscillate the pelvis/tilt on the diagonal axis you have made.
- Turn L and come all the way to lying, and come back up again. How?
- From lying to standing.
- From side to side. Don’t think: that’s a slow process.
- Return to the first variations and see how easy they are.
Focus of Moshe’s Teaching
Words are the lowest common denominator. Placing hand/foot back where it is easy to lift again. Lack of personal variation in simple movements. Response of breathing to activity.
- 25 Lessons from Eshkol-Wachman Movement Notation – Lesson 11
- 25 Lessons from Eshkol-Wachman Movement Notation – Lesson 12
- 8 ATM, Théâtre des Bouffes du Nord, Paris, May 1973 – 3. Movements on four points
- Amherst 1 – Week 2/3 – 4 points personal
- Amherst 1 – Week 6 – 07/18/80 AM2 Crossing knees – crawling (part 1)
- AY016 Four points
- AY321 Four points
- AY432 Four points – introduction
- E04 Four Cardinal Points of Support on Hands & Feet, Sitting to the Right and Left
- Franz Wurm, Der aufrechte Gang – Series 2 – 08. Wippe im Knien
- MM04 Crawling and Walking
- Razumny – Four Cardinal Points
- Rotterdam 1976 – Tape 6 – Four Points
- Rotterdam 1976 – Tape 6 – Four Points continues
- Click “link” above to add a link; “file” to upload a resource or picture, or “widget” to embed a video.
Share Your Insights (ideas, principles, strategies, experiences, …)
- Add your thoughts about the lesson here.
- Please sign your comments
- Differing viewpoints are welcome and desired!
Disclaimer: This site is for sharing information about Feldenkrais® Awareness Through Movement® lessons. The information included on this site is for educational purposes only. Nothing on Feldy Notebook should be construed as an attempt to offer medical advice or treatment.
All contributions to this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 3.0 License. Do not add any copyrighted information to this website. Feldy Notebook is sponsored by Kinetic Inquiry.