- Alexander Yanai, Vol 3 #112
- Reel 9, Track 1, Lesson 3
- imagining a plane dividing the body in half and moving along that plane
- Imagine a ball on the bridge of your nose, between your eyes
- slowly move the ball up and down, drawing a line along your middle
- increase the range of the ball, from top of head to bottom of torso
- ball goes between your legs to your buttocks, and up your spine
- eventually the ball goes in a complete circle
- bounce the ball between the top line and the bottom thin, creating a plane
- extend the plane outside of your body, to the floor below, and towards the ceiling
- raise your arms to ceiling palms on the plane, touching palms as the plane in very thin
- move arms down towards pelvis and up above the head along the plane, together and separately
- lift head keeping the plane in the middle
Focus of Moshe’s Teaching
- discovery where your perceived midline differs from the “real” midline
- Tag Imagining
Plane through the body:
The line of a ball that rolls:
- ATM 11 Becoming Aware of Parts of Which We Are Not Conscious
- AY303 A lecture/lesson: Self-image lecture, the line of a ball that rolls
- AY305 The line of effort in the back in lifting
- AY306 The line of stress in the stomach and the chest
- AY307 The line of effort in lying on the back
Share Your Insights (ideas, principles, strategies, experiences, …)
- Add your thoughts about the lesson here.
- Please sign your comments.
- Differing viewpoints are welcome and desired!
Disclaimer: This site is for sharing information about Feldenkrais® Awareness Through Movement® lessons. The information included on this site is for educational purposes only. Nothing on Feldy Notebook should be construed as an attempt to offer medical advice or treatment.
All contributions to this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 3.0 License. Do not add any copyrighted information to this website. Feldy Notebook is sponsored by Kinetic Inquiry.