- Alexander Yanai Vol 1
- Reel 3, Track 1, Lesson 1 (according to Eva Laser https://www.somatik.se)
- Reel 3, Track 1, Lesson 1, Side B (IFF)
- Duration 41 min.
A flexor lesson with variations of having hands under or behind the knees (in the crease), hands crossed, face turned, legs together with a forearm under the legs, and using both hands to hold the arch of the foot and the knee of one leg. The direction is towards taking the knees between the elbows to the forehead, or elbows between the knees.
- Highly condensed outline of key movements
Focus of Moshe’s Teaching
- Indicate focus or key principles that are made explicit in the teaching
Ear to knee, supine:
Forehead to knee:
- AY489 Legs and lifting back
- AY548 On right side, head and knee under the frame of left arm
- SB1 Use of the Self in Turning & Rolling/The eyes organize the body: rolling from side to side
- SB4 Lateral Bending on Stomach/Head through gap on the stomach
- Audio recording by Sharon Starika on Open ATM (2003 runners’ workshop) at: http://openatm.org/
Share Your Insights (ideas, principles, strategies, experiences, …)
- Add your thoughts about the lesson here.
- Please sign your comments.
- Differing viewpoints are welcome and desired!
Disclaimer: This site is for sharing information about Feldenkrais® Awareness Through Movement® lessons. The information included on this site is for educational purposes only. Nothing on Feldy Notebook should be construed as an attempt to offer medical advice or treatment.
All contributions to this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 3.0 License. Do not add any copyrighted information to this website. Feldy Notebook is sponsored by Kinetic Inquiry.