- Alexander Yanai Vol 1
- Reel 3, Track 1, Lesson 1 (according to Eva Laser https://www.somatik.se)
- Reel 3, Track 1, Lesson 1, Side B (IFF)
- Duration 41 min.
- For German see AYnmal täglich: Ellenbogen und Knie berühren sich
- A flexor lesson with variations of having hands under or behind the knees (in the crease), hands crossed, face turned, legs together with a forearm under the legs, and using both hands to hold the arch of the foot and the knee of one leg. The direction is towards taking the knees between the elbows to the forehead, or elbows between the knees.
- Supine, bring elbow towards knee in various configurations. Lengthens back musculature..
- Translator’s note: Start of this lesson is missing
- Lying supine, feet standing, interlaced hands under head. Lift head / right knee. Direct R knee to R elbow. Direct R knee to L elbow. Then R knee to alternating elbows.
- Change the interlacing. Repeat step 2 using L knee.
- Right hand under head, left hand to right knee(cap). Approach head and right knee. Direct knee to forehead.
- 4a. Swap over the hands, same (right) knee. Approach head and right knee. Direct knee to forehead
- Left hand under head, right hand to left knee(cap). Approach head and left knee. Direct knee to forehead
- 5a. swap over the hands, same (left) knee, approach head and left knee
- Hold both knees, separated, approach head and knees
- Interlace hands under head, lift head and knees towards forehead
- Right hand between legs and behind left knee, face right, left hand behind head. Approach left knee to left ear
- Mirror action: Left hand to right knee crease, face turned left, right hand behind head, lift right knee to right ear
- Cross the arms and hold the opposite knee crease. Lift knees and head
- 10a. Reverse the crossing of the arms
- Hold behind both knees with right arm, turn face right, left hand behind head. Approach left ear to knees
- 11a. Mirror: Change over to the other side
- Both hands behind knees, approach forehead and knees
- Hold right foot arch with right hand, right kneecap with left hand. Approach knee and head
- 13a. Right hand behind head, continue the action
- 13b. Left hand behind head, right hand on right foot arch, continue the action
- Mirror: action on the other side. Hold left foot arch with left hand, left kneecap with right hand
- Approach knee and head
- Right hand behind head, continue the action
- Left hand behind head, right hand on right foot arch, continue the action
- Interlace hands behind head, approach elbow and opposite knee, alternate
- Approach both elbows and both knees
- Approach knees to forehead
Focus of Moshe’s Teaching
- Indicate focus or key principles that are made explicit in the teaching
Ear to knee, supine:
Forehead to knee:
- Amherst 1 – Week 2 – 06/16/80 AM1 – Rolling with entire self
- Amherst 1 – Week 7 – 07/21/80 PM2 Head and knee under the gap
- AY489 Legs and lifting back
- AY548 On right side, head and knee under the frame of left arm
- New York Quest – DAY3 – AM2 – Rolling from sitting to lying on the back continued, including taking the legs over the shoulders
- SB1 Use of the Self in Turning & Rolling/The eyes organize the body: rolling from side to side
- SB4 Lateral Bending on Stomach/Head through gap on the stomach
- Toronto 1980 – DAY5-4 – Prone, head through the gate, rolling to sit
- Audio recording by Sharon Starika on Open ATM (2003 runners’ workshop) at: http://openatm.org/
Share Your Insights (ideas, principles, strategies, experiences, …)
- Add your thoughts about the lesson here.
- Please sign your comments.
- Differing viewpoints are welcome and desired!
Disclaimer: This site is for sharing information about Feldenkrais® Awareness Through Movement® lessons. The information included on this site is for educational purposes only. Nothing on Feldy Notebook should be construed as an attempt to offer medical advice or treatment.
All contributions to this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 3.0 License. Do not add any copyrighted information to this website. Feldy Notebook is sponsored by Kinetic Inquiry.