- Alexander Yanai Vol 8
- Reel 24, Track 4, Lesson 4
- Duration of the recording: 45 minutes
- Face down, with the legs apart, knees bent, and inside borders of the feet touching (or the legs together, knees bent), and the hands planted on either side of the shoulders, you push with the hand to roll the chest and/or the whole body to one side and the other, with variations of the head and of coordinating taking the heels towards the pelvis/turning the foot in the ankle to take the forefoot to point towards the floor. The reference movement is in kneeling, taking the pelvis back as though to sit on the knees.
- Highly condensed outline of key movements
Focus of Moshe’s Teaching
- Indicate focus or key principles that are made explicit in the teaching
Holding the hands like a book in front of the face:
Flexing feet, flexing knee, prone:
- AY378 Bending the toes
- AY394 Continuation
- AY430 Wide open twist to side
- AY445 Back and neck
- AY473 On the stomach training the back
- Recording on kinesophics: http://kinesophics.ca/leaning-on-the-hands-and-twisting/
Share Your Insights (ideas, principles, strategies, experiences, …)
- Add your thoughts about the lesson here.
- Please sign your comments.
- Differing viewpoints are welcome and desired!
Disclaimer: This site is for sharing information about Feldenkrais® Awareness Through Movement® lessons. The information included on this site is for educational purposes only. Nothing on Feldy Notebook should be construed as an attempt to offer medical advice or treatment.
All contributions to this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 3.0 License. Do not add any copyrighted information to this website. Feldy Notebook is sponsored by Kinetic Inquiry.