- Alexander Yanai Vol 10
- Reel 30, Track 4, Lesson 2
- Duration of the recording: 36 min.
- Face down, forehead resting on elbows, feet bent to ceiling: take feet side to side, or lift one knee, and lift opposite elbow from floor (bending from wrist), varying the speed. Drag each knee up towards the stomach, lifting the same side and then opposite elbow. Then the same with the head turned. Lift opposite knee and elbow, and rock on the diagonal from lifted knee to lifted elbow (perhaps lifting head as well, so just one elbow stays put on the floor). Place feet together, knees apart, and lift head (hands stay on floor and elbows lengthen) while lifting knees. Interludes face up, holding feet or knees, lifting head and legs, as a break for the back.
- Highly condensed outline of key movements
Focus of Moshe’s Teaching
- Indicate focus or key principles that are made explicit in the teaching
- Tag Fast-movements
- Theme Extensor Lesson
- Tag Tapping-knees-prone
- Tag Diagonals
- Tag Carriage-of-the-head
- Tag Rocking-on-arc-prone
- Tag Flex-feet-prone
- Tag Flex-feet
- Tag Crawling
- Tag One-leg-bent-up-towards-stomach-prone
Flexing feet, flexing knee, prone:
- AY374 Leaning on the hands and twisting
- AY378 Bending the toes
- AY394 Continuation
- AY430 Wide open twist to side
- AY445 Back and neck
Lifting one knee and contralateral elbow, prone:
- A recording of a loose interpretation of the first half or so, on kinesophics: http://kinesophics.ca/on-the-stomach-training-the-back-part-1/
Share Your Insights (ideas, principles, strategies, experiences, …)
- Add your thoughts about the lesson here.
- Please sign your comments
- Differing viewpoints are welcome and desired!
Disclaimer: This site is for sharing information about Feldenkrais® Awareness Through Movement® lessons. The information included on this site is for educational purposes only. Nothing on Feldy Notebook should be construed as an attempt to offer medical advice or treatment.
All contributions to this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 3.0 License. Do not add any copyrighted information to this website. Feldy Notebook is sponsored by Kinetic Inquiry.