- Alexander Yanai Volume 11 lesson 519
- Reel 34, Track 1, Lesson 1
- Duration of the recording: 37 min.
- A one sided lesson.
- Lying on one side, the foot of the upper leg stands in front of the other thigh. Move towards being able to sit (or not!) over the side, using a variety of steps including moving the knee away from the head, lifting the head, holding the knee, holding the ankle, pressing with the hand on the floor.
- Sit on the floor and spread the legs. See how far they spread easily, and remember for a comparison at the end of the lesson
- Lie on the right and lift the head
- Lift the left leg. Also lift the head and leg. Also lift the head as the legs lowers, and vice versa
- Stand the left foot in front of the right thigh, hold the ankle, move the knee caudally (footwards). Also simultaneously move the foot towards the head. Also lift the head. Also push the right hand or elbow on the floor. Also do the same but with the right arm lying on the floor towards the feet.
- Hold the left knee with the right hand and move the knee away. Also lift the head, also lift the right shoulder from the floor.
- Hold the left knee with the left hand and the ankle with the right hand, move the leg and head in the direction of sitting but do not sit. Also press the right hand on the floor. Also change over the hands with the left hand on the floor behind.
- Hold the left foot with the left hand and push it down towards the other foot, in the direction of ‘standing’. Also lift the head
- Hold the knee with the right hand, and taking the left arm over the right, hold the foot with the left hand. Push the foot and lift arm and leg in the air.
- Lie on the left and lift the straight right leg. Lief on the right and lift the straight left leg. Compare
Focus of the teaching
- In addition to the movements, what theme or ideas did the teacher focus on
- This is a series with lessons AY519, 520, 521
- Tag Softening-chest
- Tag Hip/Pelvis Freedom
- Tag Knee-pulls-arm
- Tag unilateral
Foot pulls arm, sidelying:
- AY209 On the side, stepping (with the) left thigh
- AY210 On the right side (while lying on the left side)
- AY520 Straightening the legs while holding the little toe
- SF2 – Week 04 – 8 July 1976, am: Straightening the Leg, Holding Foot with Opposite Hand
- SF2 – Week 04 – 8 July 1976, pm: Straightening the Leg, Holding Foot with Opposite Hand continued
- Add links to external resources that would be of interest to the reader
Share Your Insights (ideas, principles, strategies, experiences, …)
- A one sided lesson. The difference between the worked and the unworked sides may be considerable by the end. Felt, seen, or recorded differences between start and end may help appreciation of the outcome of the lesson. (Ben Parsons)
Disclaimer: The information included on this site is for educational purposes only. Nothing on Feldy Notebook should be construed as an attempt to offer medical advice or treatment.
All contributions to this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 3.0 License. Do not add any copyrighted information to this website. Feldy Notebook is sponsored by Kinetic Inquiry.