- Alexander Yanai Vol 9
- Reel 28, Track 4, Lesson 4
- Duration of the recording: 43 minutes
- Stand behind a chair and feel how the hip moves back and the upper body forwards when stepping backwards. Also walking backwards without the chair and feeling how the hip moves back and the upper body forwards.
- Highly condensed outline of key movements
Focus of the teaching
- The movement of the hip backwards and of the chest and head forwards and upwards.
- Reforming the habits of walking.
- AY437 Touching the heels in Standing
- AY354 Walking Backward
- Tag Next-to-chair
- Tag Hip/Pelvis Freedom
- Tag Lifting-heel
- Theme Walking
- Tag In-standing
- Tag Movement-of-opposition
- Tag Hip-backward
- AY101 On Side Lifting the Leg and Straightening it
- AY353 Wiggle the knees
- AY355 Bending knees -chair
- AY356 Bending knees with toes lifted
- AY354 Walking backward
- MM06.2 Making a Circle with Your Hip
- SF2 – Week 05 – 15 July 1976: Variations in Walking
- SF2 – Week 06 – 21 July 1976, am: Standing Oscillations, continued and Head Forward and Up
- Add links to external resources that would be of interest to the reader
Share Your Insights (ideas, principles, strategies, experiences, …)
- There are no rests in lying or in sitting. This may be to prevent the habit reformation, by means of walking backwards, to not be interrupted. At one point in the lesson Dr. Feldenkrais explicitly says ‘do not walk forwards’.
- There are some actions that are done unilaterally. This is probably an oversight by Dr. Feldenkrais, rather than having deliberate purpose.
- This lesson shares the same name as AY345.
- There is a nice quote in 2a. “… do it slowly, slowly, so slowly that it will be boring. When you begin to become bored you will find that it really is not so boring.” (Ben Parsons)
- Add your thoughts about the lesson here.
- Please sign your comments
- Differing viewpoints are welcome and desired!
Disclaimer: The information included on this site is for educational purposes only. Nothing on Feldy Notebook should be construed as an attempt to offer medical advice or treatment.
All contributions to this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 3.0 License. Do not add any copyrighted information to this website. Feldy Notebook is sponsored by Kinetic Inquiry.