- AY Volume 8
- Reel 24, Track 1, Lesson 7
- Duration: 41 minutes
- Exploring sitting on heels/side sitting from different intentions of movement in pelvis starting from standing on the knees. First one is via turning the pelvis; second is turning the lower legs; third is like coming to sit tailor fashion (knees wide).
- A final variation is with hands behind, lifting the pelvis, shifting lower legs left & right.
- Highly condensed outline of key movements
Focus of the teaching
- In addition to the movements, what theme or ideas did the teacher focus on
Wiggle the knees:
- 25 Lessons from Eshkol-Wachman Movement Notation – Lesson 13
- AY000.2 Crossed knees (not in IFF edition)
- AY109 Lowering the pelvis to sitting
- AY225 Standing on the knees
- AY529 Knees crossed having the pelvis lie right and lift
- E25 Crawling on the knees (Stransky Notes)
- E27 Primitive Locomotion – Coordinating the Locomotive Joints (Recordings)
- Franz Wurm, Der aufrechte Gang – Series 2 – 12. Kniegang
- IDF13 Knees crossed
- LT12 On all 4s to sitting
- SF2 – Week 04 – 7 July 1976, am1: Pulling the Feet with the Knees Crossed
- SF2 – Week 04 – 7 July 1976, am3: Pulling the Feet with the Knees Crossed continued
- SF2 – Week 04 – 7 July 1976, pm: Pulling the Feet with the Knees Crossed continued into Cross-Crawling
- SFEC Notes – 11. Sitting on heels “catback” (July 19)
- SFEC Public Workshop – Vol. 2 – 10. Flexible knees
- Vancouver – University of British Columbia- 15 Aug 73 pt. 2 – All Fours, Sit Back, Roll
- Add links to external resources that would be of interest to the reader
Share Your Insights (ideas, principles, strategies, experiences, …)
- Add your thoughts about the lesson here.
- Reminds me of different ways to come to side-sit, particularly those in India and SE Asia. ~~ Rob
- Please sign your comments
- Differing viewpoints are welcome and desired!
Disclaimer: The information included on this site is for educational purposes only. Nothing on Feldy Notebook should be construed as an attempt to offer medical advice or treatment.
All contributions to this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 3.0 License. Do not add any copyrighted information to this website. Feldy Notebook is sponsored by Kinetic Inquiry.