- Alexander Yanai Vol 7 AY#326
- Reel 22, Track 3, Lesson 2
- Duration: 44 minutes
In this demanding lesson, we bring the pelvic clock into a specific functional relationship to being able to move between sitting and lying with upper body and legs free. Sitting with legs long, lifting one leg/side of pelvis and leaning back on opposite elbow; variations of head tilting and remaining on horizon. Then each hand behind the knee on its side, from the outside, and tilting to shift from one elbow to the other, lifting opposite leg/pelvis. Then lift both legs in air, and in this position, protrude abdomen towards each leg, and from there develop into a circle around the sits bone behind (a pelvic clock, but no clock imagery in the lesson). Then with arms extended over legs, not under knees, and legs lifted, protrude stomach. Do the same 12-6 with hands under knees, legs lifted, and the head hanging backwards. Basically, at the end, you have legs lifting and arms lifted and extended parallel to the legs, and you are able to roll around a clock on your pelvis/low back that takes you from sitting, through the side to lying, and then up to sitting again.
- Bulleted list
Focus of Moshe’s Teaching
Control of the pelvis related functionally to moving between sitting and lying.
Clarification of inner hip joints
- AY327 Sitting – lying, continuation (Page 2231)
- AY328 Sitting – lying, continuation (Page 2239)
- This appears to be part of a series using squatting as a functional movement. The ATM’s in the series are AY 325 through 331.
- Theme Squatting
- See the Pelvic clock theme for more info.
- See Rolling to Sit Theme
- Tag Abdominal-muscles
- Tag Protruding-abdomen
- Tag Hip/Pelvis Freedom
- Tag Lower-back-and-pelvis
- Tag Sitz-bone
Lifting one sitz bone, sitting:
- AY322 In sitting, lengthening the arms
- AY358 Twist right and left with the legs spread
- AY455 On chair, differentiated turning
- AY508 On the right ischium
- AY509 Both sides and knee
Shifting weight on sitz bone, sitting:
Circling on sitz bone, sitting:
- Amherst 1 – Week 2 – 06/16/80 PM2 – Swivel on Buttocks and Spinning Legs (continued)
- Amherst 1 – Week 2 – 06/16/80 PM1 – Swivel on Buttocks and Spinning Legs
- Amherst 2 – Week 6 – 07/16/81 PM1 Walking on your stomach (includes telescope eyes)
- AY371 Swinging the legs from stomach to back
Lifting straight legs, sitting:
Share Your Insights (ideas, principles, strategies, experiences, …)
- Add your thoughts about the lesson here.
- Please sign your comments
- Differing viewpoints are welcome and desired!
Disclaimer: The information included on this site is for educational purposes only. Nothing on Feldy Notebook should be construed as an attempt to offer medical advice or treatment.
All contributions to this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 3.0 License. Do not add any copyrighted information to this website.Feldy Notebook is sponsored by Kinetic Inquiry.