- Alexander Yanai Vol 11
- Reel 34, Track 4, Lesson 1
- Duration of the recording: 34 minutes
- (Returning to AY 526 (on the side, caressing straight legs)): Lie on the side, bottom leg extended at 90 degrees in front and top leg bent behind, stroking the top of the extended bottom leg with the bottom hand; then with the top hand on the floor behind, also slide this hand down in the direction of the feet on the floor. Develop this with opening and closing the legs until you come up to sit opening the legs and sliding the hands down, and lie down again closing the legs, using your arms/elbows as appropriate.
- Highly condensed outline of key movements
Focus of Moshe’s Teaching
- Although the action seems to be a strong and unusual one, he is particularly insistent on small, gentle, comfortable movements.
- AY530 Crossing knees to sit. (Page 3607)
- AY532 Continuation to sitting. (Page 3619)
- See Rolling to Sit Theme
- Tag Sliding-hand-on-leg
- Tag Coming-to-sit
Scissoring legs on the floor:
- Amherst 2 – Week 5 – 07/16/81 Scissoring legs on floor / Jumping Hurdles
- AY073 Twisting the pelvis relative to the shoulders
- AY075 Twisting the shoulders relative to the pelvis.
- AY474 With the help of the limbs in the air, rolling to get up
- AY475 Midway exercise to the previous one
- AY532 Continuation to sitting
- Add links
Share Your Insights (ideas, principles, strategies, experiences, …)
- Add your thoughts about the lesson here.
- Please sign your comments.
- Differing viewpoints are welcome and desired!
Disclaimer: This site is for sharing information about Feldenkrais® Awareness Through Movement® lessons. The information included on this site is for educational purposes only. Nothing on Feldy Notebook should be construed as an attempt to offer medical advice or treatment.
All contributions to this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 3.0 License. Do not add any copyrighted information to this website. Feldy Notebook is sponsored by Kinetic Inquiry.