- Alexander Yanai Vol 2, #57
- Reel 4, Track 4, Lesson 2
On hands and knees, improve ability to arch spine and look up using whole self. Variations include: differentiate eyes, explore connection of arms into back (lifting elbow like a bird), and on back imagining flexion.
- Hands and knees: lift and lower head. Follow on floor/wall with eyes.
- Experiment with how far away from the your knees your hands should be.
- Same as 1, and now follow only with the L eye (close the R). Other eye. Both.
- Knees and elbows/forearms. Same.
- Try elbows/forearms farther away, and same.
- On knees, forehead on floor and arms extended on floor over head, with elbows farther apart than hands. Lift R elbow. Faster (bird’s wing). other side.
- Knees (spread wide), forehead on floor: hands on hips, thumbs facing back. Protrude stomach, sit backwards, lift head. Elbows go back.
- Face up, lift head with interlaced hands, and lift knees: imagine big swing so (imagining) knees and forehead hit.
- Position of 6: lift head. Lift head and R arm. Look at hand with L eye. With R eye. With L. Which higher? Both.
- Other side.
- Position of 6: lift head. Face up, and think through same abrupt movements as in 8.
Focus of Moshe’s Teaching
On knees and forehead:
Following a bug with the eyes:
Share Your Insights
- “Flexion Extension with a twist” 🙂
Disclaimer: This site is for sharing information about Feldenkrais® Awareness Through Movement® lessons. The information included on this site is for educational purposes only. Nothing on Feldy Notebook should be construed as an attempt to offer medical advice or treatment.
All contributions to this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 3.0 License. Do not add any copyrighted information to this website.