- Amherst Year 2
- Duration of the recording: 60 min.
- Write a couple of sentences.
- Highly condensed outline of key movements
Focus of the teaching
- In addition to the movements, what theme or ideas did the teacher focus on
- Continuation of
- 07/06/81 PM1 Prone – hands in bridge, rotate body
- 07/06/81 PM2 Arching Back to Bridge / Bridge on Head, Holding Ankles and Sitting Bridge
- 07/07/81 Bridging on Back and Walking on Shoulders
- 07/08/81 AM1 Bridging on back and walking on shoulders (cont.)
- 07/08/81 AM2 Bridging on back and walking on shoulders (cont.)
- Tag Recall
- Tag See-saw-breathing
- Tag Thoracic-spine
- Tag Softening-chest
- Tag Extension-lesson
- Tag Seeing-the-Heels
- Tag Five-winds-kata
- Tag Lifting-head-supine
- Amherst 1 – Week 6 – 07/14/80 AM1 Tilting elbow and knee inside and outside
- Amherst 1 – Week 6 – 07/16/80 AM1 Integrating arms – crossing the arms
- Amherst 2 – Week 3 – 06/24/81 am: Preparation for Headstand and Carp jump (cont.)
- Amherst 2 – Week 6 – 07/15/81 AM1 Bridging on Right Side / Side Wave (Under Gate)
- New York Quest – DAY2 – AM1+2 – Lifting the head on the back: simple flexion, one side in imagination
- Toronto 1980 – DAY3-3 – Rolling the head with the hands, part 2
- Toronto 1980 – DAY4-3 – Pelvic clock, part 2
Head through gate, sidelying:
- Amherst 1 – Week 7 – 07/21/80 PM2 Head and knee under the gap
- AY548 On right side, head and knee under the frame of left arm
- Toronto 1980 – DAY2-1 – On back, head through the gate and hand under heel, part 1
- Toronto 1980 – DAY2-3 – Head through the gate, hand under the heel, part 2
- Amherst 2 – Week 5 – 07/07/81 Bridging on Back and Walking on Shoulders
- Amherst 2 – Week 5 – 07/08/81 AM1 Bridging on back and walking on shoulders (cont.)
Holding homolateral ankle-sidelying:
Holding both ankles-sidelying:
- New York Quest – DAY1 – PM3 – Rolling interlaced hands continued: coming to stand
- New York Quest – DAY4 – Increasing ease in the head, neck and shoulders. a) Sitting; rolling the head (AM2) b) Bell hand, rotating arms on back (PM1A) c) Sitting, rolling the head continued (PM1B)
- Amherst 1 – Week 4 – 06/30/80 Rolling to the right and left (#2)
- Amherst 2 – Week 1 – 06/11/81 AM2 Swimming crawl / Bell hand, think toes (continued)
- SF2 – Week 09 – 10 August 1976: Five Winds Kata, continued from Weeks 6-7
- Toronto 1980 – DAY2-2 – Lecture: Koizumi
- Add links to external resources that would be of interest to the reader
Share Your Insights (ideas, principles, strategies, experiences, …)
- Add your thoughts about the lesson here.
- Please sign your comments
- Differing viewpoints are welcome and desired!
Disclaimer: The information included on this site is for educational purposes only. Nothing on Feldy Notebook should be construed as an attempt to offer medical advice or treatment.
All contributions to this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 3.0 License (except for the material used to provide textual search of the Alexander Yanai lessons which is copyrighted by the IFF). Do not add any copyrighted information to this website. Feldy Notebook is sponsored by Kinetic Inquiry.