- Alexander Yanai Vol 1
- Reel 3, Track 3, Lesson 4 (according to Eva Laser https://www.somatik.se)
- Reel 3, Track 3, Lesson 4, Side A (IFF)
A lesson in which you slide your hands along your legs to eventually hold your feet. This variation includes holding the knee and taking the foot/lower leg in circles, and holding the arch with both hands and making circles. The reference movement is holding both feet and lifting them towards the ceiling, with knees outside/inside elbows.
- Face up, knees bent, feet standing. Lift both legs over chest. Hold inside both arches both hands (R arch R hand, L arch L hand): Lift legs to ceiling. Outside arches both hands: lift. Outside arches and knees on inside: lift.
- R leg over chest, L foot standing: stroke outside R leg with R hand, from hip to knee and beyond. Then while lifting head with L hand.
- Slide L hand along same places R hand just touched, while lifting head with R hand.
- Slide R hand on inside R leg. Then while lifting head with L hand.
- Slide both hands down back R leg.
- Raise R ft to ceiling, R hand holds ankle: slide L hand over R hand and around foot, touching everywhere. Especially heel from all directions.
- Hold R ankle with L hand, and touch the same places with your R hand.
- R leg lifted but bent at knee. R hand catches arch of R ft from outside. L hand holds below knee. Make circles. Change directions.
- Change hands, same thing.
- Lift R leg and hold arch in both hands (leg still bent). Make circles with both hands and foot (on vertical plane). Lift head so heel can go lower.
- Same but with R leg extended to ceiling, circles on the ceiling.
- Walk around.
- Other side.
Focus of Moshe’s Teaching
- Amherst 2 – Week 8 – 07/29/81 AM1 Hands Slide Down Thighs
- Amherst 2 – Week 8 – 07/29/81 AM2 Hands Slide Down Thighs (cont.)
- Amherst 2 – Week 9 – 08/03/81 AM1 Folding Like a Cat
- AY049 Sliding on one leg
- AY053 Sliding the hands on the outside of the lower leg while lying on the side
- AY078 Standing
- AY101 On Side Lifting the Leg and Straightening it
- AY150 Movement with a stick while sitting
- AY263 Bending(s) right and left
- AY444 Straightening the knee in standing
- AY446 Ideal bending
- AY520 Straightening the legs while holding the little toe
- AY526 On the side caressing straight legs
- AY531 Continuation
- AY532 Continuation to sitting
- E36 Rapping Heels, Caressing Legs, Standing & Walking (Stransky Notes)
- IDF06 Sliding along both legs
- IDF18 Lifting the Heel and Sliding the Hand Along the Thigh
- MG78 #04 – Sliding hand down legs in various ways on back
- SF1 – Week 2 – 26 June 1975, AM: Standing
- SF3 – Day 15 – 7 July 1977: Spinal chain continued (taught by Mia Segal)
- Taught by Lynette at http://kinesophics.ca/sliding_along_length_leg
- Taught by Sharon Starika at: http://sharonstarika.com/workshops/online-workshops/weekly-classes/hamstrings-glutes-hips-feet/
Share Your Insights (ideas, principles, strategies, experiences, …)
Disclaimer: This site is for sharing information about Feldenkrais® Awareness Through Movement® lessons. The information included on this site is for educational purposes only. Nothing on Feldy Notebook should be construed as an attempt to offer medical advice or treatment.
All contributions to this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 3.0 License. Do not add any copyrighted information to this website. Feldy Notebook is sponsored by Kinetic Inquiry.