- Alexander Yanai Vol 1
- Reel 4, Track 2, Lesson 3 (according to Eva Laser https://www.somatik.se)
- Reel 4, Track 2, Lesson 3, Side A (IFF)
- Face up, knees bent, feet standing. Lift R leg, and hold inside R arch with R hand: move it around. Change hand and foot. Then slide along outside R leg with R hand, from hip to knee and beyond. Foot faces the ceiling. Then while lifting head with L hand.
- Slide L hand along inside R leg, while lifting head with R hand.
- Slide both hands down either side of R leg.
- Raise R ft to ceiling, move head and shoulders to the R so that you can touch the outside of the R leg with the L hand, and slide it.
- Scan, and then lift the R leg and L leg a bit from the floor to compare, and then get up and walk around.
- Catch inside R foot with R hand again, and with L hand behind head, lift both. Compare to beginning. Then switch hands, and do it again, compare. And then switch hands again and compare.
- Repeat 1-3–same side–in the imagination.
- Then scan. And then catch inside R foot with R hand again, and with L hand behind head, lift both. Compare to beginning. Then switch hands, and do it again, compare.
- Bend knees, feet standing. Do you feel the floor the same in both feet? Stand and walk, comparing sides.
Focus of Moshe’s Teaching
- Doing something stupidly, to do it, so you ruin yourself, and doing it intelligently.
- We almost never say “correct” or “incorrect.” What a person is doing is correct for their system. “Doing correctly and incorrectly is work for monkeys and animals…Mature people need to discern by themselves what they are doing, how they are doing it, and what it is doing to them.”
- And the role of scolding in Feldenkrais: “Anyone can have a sick leg. In our conditions of education, no person is to blame. It is just the general stupidity of everyone that is to blame. …but when a person does not hear that which he hears, he will never learn anything…without the discipline, ‘I am obligated to hear that which I hear,’… it is impossible. That is the only thing I insist on with out any restrictions. Anyone who will not listen will be scolded…”
- Amherst 2 – Week 8 – 07/29/81 AM1 Hands Slide Down Thighs
- Amherst 2 – Week 8 – 07/29/81 AM2 Hands Slide Down Thighs (cont.)
- Amherst 2 – Week 9 – 08/03/81 AM1 Folding Like a Cat
- AY037 Sliding along the length of the leg
- AY053 Sliding the hands on the outside of the lower leg while lying on the side
- AY078 Standing
- AY101 On Side Lifting the Leg and Straightening it
- AY150 Movement with a stick while sitting
- AY263 Bending(s) right and left
- AY444 Straightening the knee in standing
- AY446 Ideal bending
- AY520 Straightening the legs while holding the little toe
- AY526 On the side caressing straight legs
- AY531 Continuation
- AY532 Continuation to sitting
- E36 Rapping Heels, Caressing Legs, Standing & Walking (Stransky Notes)
- IDF06 Sliding along both legs
- IDF18 Lifting the Heel and Sliding the Hand Along the Thigh
- MG78 #04 – Sliding hand down legs in various ways on back
- SF1 – Week 2 – 26 June 1975, AM: Standing
- Add links.
Share Your Insights (ideas, principles, strategies, experiences, …)
Disclaimer: This site is for sharing information about Feldenkrais® Awareness Through Movement® lessons. The information included on this site is for educational purposes only. Nothing on Feldy Notebook should be construed as an attempt to offer medical advice or treatment.
All contributions to this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 3.0 License. Do not add any copyrighted information to this website. Feldy Notebook is sponsored by Kinetic Inquiry